Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dust on sensor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the product I use and spoke about in the above message Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It looks like the product I use and spoke about in the above message

Oeps, sorry!

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why sorry ?
This is the same product but with a different name.
It"s interesting to have your positive feedback.
Mine is also positive. Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'll admit it, this is the first thread on sensor cleaning that I've paid attention to -- or come across, as I recall. And I'm glad I took a peek inside, because one of the messages led to this link, which appears to be the first and last word on the subject:

http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com/index.html

When reading through the reams of info, however, I kept asking the same quesion. Why methanol and not ethanol? Specifically denatured alcohol, which is enthanol that is typically "denatured" by adding a small percentage of methanol to it. I'm about halfway tempted to try and use Q-tips and denatured alcohol just to see what happens. Shocked

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Well, I'll admit it, this is the first thread on sensor cleaning that I've paid attention to -- or come across, as I recall. And I'm glad I took a peek inside, because one of the messages led to this link, which appears to be the first and last word on the subject:

http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com/index.html

When reading through the reams of info, however, I kept asking the same quesion. Why methanol and not ethanol? Specifically denatured alcohol, which is enthanol that is typically "denatured" by adding a small percentage of methanol to it. I'm about halfway tempted to try and use Q-tips and denatured alcohol just to see what happens. Shocked

That's the link! Very Happy

Retail denatured alcohol, even the 90% stuff behind the counter, is not pure enough, there will be streaks. Everclear might be okay(?). Reagent-grade Methanol is very pure, no streaks.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm about halfway tempted to try and use Q-tips and denatured alcohol just to see what happens.

I have a bottle of eclipse E2 (16$) for 2 year now and it is almost full
why always trying to reinvent the wheel