Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Drift Yo..
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Drift Yo.. Reply with quote

Remember all those kids with skateboards, wondering where they ended up? Well they all have money, jobs and families and spend their weekends "drifting"

Ie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcvvLwWh-m4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puwGBRdL_4Q

So fresh with the Photocopied 5D and the Series 1 70-210, best go practise some pans.

I always liked those I suppose "focus pulled" shots, you know with the zoom modified along with the Pan to have a crazy washed out background and the action somewhat presentable. Anyway, in effort to capture some of that excitement best I give it a go and see what happens.

Easy doers it, do I have much focus at all... ok just enough at S=1/60th

S=1/45th was a little smoother still

Didn't land to many shots at 1/20th, but this one worked out ok. If it wasn't for the angle you would be forgiven to think it was a normal proper race car.

This might have been interesting if there was a giant cloud of smoke washing out the right hand side of the image. Alas not this time. This effect is way heavier then i was planning for, S=1/30th

And of course the venerable 180 would be the one that kinda worked. S=1/30th again and this time along with the horizontal movement a little bit of "zoom" blur, 80's Japanese cartoon style as drawn by the diagonals appearing in the corners.

Neat, but surprisingly tricky. I do enjoy how this really does just colour in the otherwise boring field and bits of race track. Field, Bokeh... Fiel-Keh, Yes. I dub this, Fielkeh Razz

More practice for me! Wink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty cool Daniel.
Looks like lots of photographic fun.
You've moved on from Pentax I see.
Smile
Tom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes can recommend hanging around race tracks and practising panning, if that's what you are into.

The Photocopier 5D wasn't a religious decision, it was just that when the K5 died, 5D's where about the same price. And I confess to being interested in the larger photocopier since well when they came out.

Anyway, I think I'll always be religiously bent towards pentax, I mean a ME Super was my first.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some really cool shots here!

Is this lens a push/pull-zoom?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is that's right.

Selected distance more or less stays pretty close when switching between mm's, so its pretty natural to pan and zoom together.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

I noticed my local photo store has a push/pull zoom for cheap, will take it home and play a bit with it. I never thought of this type of application for it.