Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Domiplan repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Domiplan repair Reply with quote

Had picked up a couple of these lenses from fleabay for 15 pounds. Both of them had their apertures jammed wide open. Couldn't find any detailed guide so just proceeded blindly Laughing . Looks like no one want to repair these lenses considering their reputation as below average Razz

the problem i found was that some one had tried to repair both earlier and had used excess oil which had gummed up and jammed the blades. So cleaned them with a soft cloth till they were dry and smooth. Fitting everything back was easy, only hard part was the irritating springs which kept on popping back out.
Both the lenses are in perfect condition now Smile
some quick shots from my balcony

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job there! My two Domiplans don't stick but I'll keep this in mind if they ever do. And I have a Pentacon Electric 50/1.8 which I think is pretty identical to my Meyer Oreston 50/1.8, a close cousin of the Domiplan, that arrived with aperture stuck wide open. One iris blade seemed to protrude and block the others. I removed the base and gently pushed that blade back into place, and VOILA! It's good to go now! Reviving a 'dead' lens sure gives an emotional rush, eh? If only some of my junkier lenses were so easy to deal with...