Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Does this work for you?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alaios wrote:
Thanks for still answering.
Lets take now the close crop to the hand that kind of you guys liked... I am trying to understand when we need more information about the background... as I find that this shot does not reveal where it was taken...
The full versions I posted just afterwards show that this is a train and it was perhaps rather empty as two seats behind were empty.
How much of the background we need to give side information and how much we can crop it out by reserving this time of information?
I tried several croppings but I do not really get this relation.

More samples of other thinks I have tried would follow
Alex

Do we need to know where it is? I think the disembodied hand works fine, revealing more background would distract the viewer. The crop was almost perfect. I think from your comments you are not 100% certain exactly what you are doing. That's not a bad thing, you ask for opinions and almost all are positive. Accept the positives and don't question yourself, you must be doing something right! More please!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks.
do you mean that in the first version the hand looks like it was cut from the body. right?
Alex

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No not cut from, but separated from as it appears to be on its own in the image with no visible arm or person behind it. We know its attached to someone we can't see.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys. Tomorrow I move to question number two.
Alex

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry I have not replied earlier.. but life gets easily complicated. I am moving forward. Does this work for you?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bike should be either in the frame completely or out of it completely in my opinion. as it is its cut off.

However it is an interesting image, you use light, shade and black and white to good effect. You have an imaginative eye.

edit: (leaving my original comment as it is rather than changing it) The more you look at it the better it seems. The composition is non-standard, I would have tried to use the rule of thirds but the way you did it has a pleasing effect.

my version with the rule of thirds applied, not as powerful as yours.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for the reply... sorry for the late reply but I try to not forget photography Smile

that would be my latest version

which I think I would keep

Regards
A

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the last one!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for feedback. Lets allow more users to comment and then I will proceed with my next shot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving forward with the title "Loneliness"
Does this work for you?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically nice but does nothing for me. The wooden furniture distracts from the painted chair which seems to be the subject.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no narrative to it, it's just furniture. Has the child left? were they taken? or are they yet to arrive? There's nothing to intrigue the viewer.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great. thanks for the answer guys Smile
lets move then forward to something different now

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sky could have been a bit tidier but its more for effect.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi... thanks !
Lets turn the page to something different know

Regards
Alex

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess not. What a failure

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First one looks best, the vignetting looks false.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.. lets move forward Smile

This one?

Alex

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are an imaginative photographer, not afraid to try things different. Despite what we say keep on doing it. What you think of the picture is most important. Everyone has an opinion.

The picture of the little girl is good, none of it is framed to my liking which is why I never commented. I always shoot wide when experimenting allowing plenty of cropping.

The wheel pic... well its a wheel pic. Nicely done and I've seen similar in exhibitions and magazines but it does nothing for me.

Keep 'em coming!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer. More to come soon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turning page with something different