Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Does this composition work?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Does this composition work? Reply with quote

Does this composition work?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Difficult to say, as the image doesn't fit in my display, have to scroll up and down to see it.

Renato

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My eyes wander from the top of the picture to the leaves in the middle and onwards to the dry stuff?

I would take 10% (or a finger width, can you say that in english?) off from the bottom of the picture.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lower angle please

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The composition should work, but there's a couple of niggles. The rock on the right is very prominent in the frame visually without occupying as much of the frame as it dominates. It also interrupts the source of the lines drawn by the fern fronds. The aspect ratio is very tall and thin, and all the weight (the rocks) sits rather high. There's no visual weight at the bottom of the frame to ground the scene. If the frame was wider (more square) this might be lessened.

Despite that, it does work. And I suspect it's an as-found scene where you have to work with natures little imperfections.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cropped it square works for me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Nurkov´s cropped version more. The orgininal has too many elements, IMHO.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like nurkovs, but think its a little too severe with the crop along the bottom.I like the clover it has a nice "flow" and would try to preserve some of it a little more.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I like nurkovs, but think its a little too severe with the crop along the bottom.

+1!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah'd be even more severe with the crop...

The clover leads the eye into the photo then up to the two boulders, onto the fern and out the top of the image... Cool

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just slight crop on all 4 sides, a tad more on lower than upper part, possibly on right than left side
keeps the depth but makes the clover besides / below the 'cliff' more prominent, from there the lines spread towards the corners
][/url]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I like nurkovs, but think its a little too severe with the crop along the bottom.I like the clover it has a nice "flow" and would try to preserve some of it a little more.

+1, fully agree. I miss part of the bottomside.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the framing of the original best, all the crops look as if they're taken with too long focal length, like there's something
missing. However, given the opportunity I would have tidied up the scene a little before taking the shot to get rid of the two
dead white stalks in the foreground, the two dead leaves just above the clover, and the twigs at top right. All these drag your
eye from the lovely greenery and the stone.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't work well for me
RSalles wrote:
Difficult to say, as the image doesn't fit in my display, have to scroll up and down to see it.

Renato

Press CTRL and -
In Firefox etc. you can zoom pictures in and out.