Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DIY light box
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: DIY light box Reply with quote

Looking for a more professional look for my camera pictures, I'be built a light box:

Three halogen lamps, a cardboard box, some translucent paper and cello tape, give this result:

Open to suggestions for improvement, the front lighting doesn't please me.

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need more white background it will looking better

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Need more white background it will looking better

Hi Attila, What do you mean?. Do you mean the background ahould be whiter, or that I should put a bigger background?.
I'm afraid I built it too small, but I've got no place to put a bigger one...

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps more stronger light need, camera will looking better if background is perfect white not gray than now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this , but without loosing the camera Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest removing one of the two upper lamps, and placing it instead behind the object, to lighten the edges and provide spacial separation from the background.
The side lamp should be less lateral and more of 3/4ers

Also I think that a higher POV for the shooting camera would be aesthetically desireable, unless you want to scientifically document the sole front of the object.

I hope not to sound too critical, in fact you have done an excellent job which has surely saved you $$$ !

-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Perhaps more stronger light need, camera will looking better if background is perfect white not gray than now.

Yo're right, I've to put some more light on the background.
Thanks!

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Yo're right, I've to put some more light on the background.
Thanks!

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I suggest removing one of the two upper lamps, and placing it instead behind the object, to lighten the edges and provide spacial separation from the background.
The side lamp should be less lateral and more of 3/4ers

Also I think that a higher POV for the shooting camera would be aesthetically desireable, unless you want to scientifically document the sole front of the object.

I hope not to sound too critical, in fact you have done an excellent job which has surely saved you $$$ !

-

Hi Orio, thanks for the feedback. I was critical with this, the results are not what I expected, so I appreciate any comments Smile.
I'll play with stronger light and relocating the source of light.
Thanks to both of tyou!.

Jes.