Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DIY converted M42 Canon FL Zoom 55-135mm f/3.5 used on 50D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so well done on your conversion.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
so well done on your conversion.

Thanks! Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ferrick wrote:

Yes, it does, and well beyond infinity! It 's my habit that I like taking macro instead of landscape pictures.

Not sure about what you are saying... Did you really expand the focusing range?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ferrick wrote:

Terrible conversion.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bille wrote:
ferrick wrote:

Yes, it does, and well beyond infinity! It 's my habit that I like taking macro instead of landscape pictures.

Not sure about what you are saying... Did you really expand the focusing range?

Yes! With old Canon FD/FL mount lens, one can only achieve macro but cannot achieve infinity focus on all non-mirrorless cameras due to the shorter flange to sensor distance of the lens. If you want to achieve inifinity focus, you either use an adapter with glass element (but it will reduce image quality) or cut away a portion of the rear part of the lens (effectively increasing the flange to sensor distance of the lens) as I did. Sure my conversion looks very ugly. However, I don't care as long as it works and takes good pictures. Very Happy Very Happy