Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DIY bronica ETR to EOS mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: DIY bronica ETR to EOS mount Reply with quote

This is an easy DIY mount the bronica is registration distance of 101.7mm the canon is 44mm so 57.7 to "play" with

made from the ETR rear cap, drill out witha 32mm wood bit, then widen where necessary with a file.
Apologies for the quick and dirty Psetting shots but you get the idea! Smile

take your spare M42 EOS (black with knurled edge from roxsen)adapter it fits almost exactly in the grove an the rear of the cap. I have mounted this by just reaming out the lip with a knife slightly and push fitting the M42 adapter, amazingly it held the weight of the lens for some quick tests but obviously it would need to be glued for long term use.

the final article, I estimate that this will give you about 20mm extra onto your EOS mount of 44+20= ~ 64mm leaving 37.7mm remaining. This will give a minimum focusing distance of about 2 metres but infinity focus is possible (75mm f2.8 lens has a minimum of 0.7m natively)

you could of course fill the remaining gap with some packing but I think the lens will be quite usable at this distance. If the remainder is packed with some high density foam/rubber some nice tilt effects may be possible. Anyway I will post some pictures once I get a chance. These lenses aren't cheap of course (I got lucky with this one as it has a scratch towards the outside of the lens) but availability is good and I believe some are Nikon made. You are using the juicy central portion of the lens of a 35mm/crop camera so I have high hopes. And in case you were wondering yes it clears the EOS built in flash, just!

I think the black spot on the image is some plastic shaving that has got on the sensor! clean up after drilling/filing better than I did. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice job, Bob!

That is an interesting hack, since Zenzanons are said to be really good lenses. (And it even looks good!)
I am eager to see the first shots. Congratulations!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Rear cap"!
How come I couldn't think this Laughing
It must be easier to find caps than the body mount flanges Very Happy
Thank you for this idea Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use a cheap m42 macro tube to fill the remaining gap.