Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DIY Adapter for Contax RF inner mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: DIY Adapter for Contax RF inner mount Reply with quote

Here is how to make a DIY adapter for Contax RF inner mount for mounting the 1.5/5cm Sonnar from Contax II to a micro 4/3 camera.

You need:

- suitable adapter which to serve as a 'base' - I have got an Nikon S RF(outer bayonet only) to Micro 4/3 by Pixco.
- Kiev RF body, it can be non working one - from the Kiev you only take the bayonet.
- friend with lathe who can machine the Kiev parts.

After removing the original outer bayonet from the chinese adapter you can try if you can put the Kiev's bayonet on his place. Usually it is longer than needed and you will need to trim the excess length from the helicoid with lathe. Also you must trim some of the excess metal around the Kiev mount.

And that's it you need 3 holes and 3 screws. The register distance without any modification is almost perfect ( +0.3mm) so the lens goes little bit over infinity but since you will use it only with life view this is not an issue. You may put some shims if you need to make the infinity.

Here are some pictures of the finished adapter

Last edited by std on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clever!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice work!

my selfmade version for NEX using a ( faulty ) Pen-F > Sony E adapter
people told me the metal sticking out looks cool, have not had the heart to cut it off yet Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!!
Very nice work Stefan, thanks for sharing!.

Jes.