Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Distagon 28 f2.8 on the 40D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Distagon 28 f2.8 on the 40D Reply with quote

As other members who live in Washington state can attest. We are having a typical grey fall. Today, at least in my neighborhood the sky gave up some color for a few minutes anyway. I snapped these two before it all went grey again. This was the Distagon 28 f2.8 @ f8 on the 40D @ iso 200 the shutter was slow but the distance keeps shake unnoticeable. The shots where converted to jpg from RAW but no other adjustments. The 40D really reproduced the colors exactly.
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow a very romantic sunshine!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! I always say this: Canon's CMOS is unbeatable for the delicate shades such as those of sunsets or twilights.

Plus the 40D has improved colour potential due to new microlenses. So the colour must be nothing but spectacular.

And of course the Distagon is the Distagon...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful shoots Andy!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunshine - great shots. I think you may have made up my mind for me on the Canon 40D, those colors are superb. We have had the same weather (with less rain) down south here in Oregon and when we had a similar evening to yours I was on the freeway! double drats. Today it's snoaining. BTW tha distagon is obviously no slouch either.

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes great colours (and nicely composed too).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
Yes great colours (and nicely composed too).

Yes, I love the reflections on the water.
Nice shots!
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. The colours are impressive!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the comments. This is a view I know well. We are very fortunate to have it as our back yard.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Thank you all for the comments. This is a view I know well. We are very fortunate to have it as our back yard.

Is this toward Lopez? In any case, quite impressive indeed!