Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Disassembly Jupiter-37AM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Disassembly Jupiter-37AM Reply with quote

Hi!

Does anybody know how to disassemble (and how to put together again) my Jupiter-37AM?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but I don't think so it is difficult, russians are quite simple Smile.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I guess so, but I can't see a point where I can start... Sad
You know, no screw, no nothing that could open the lens!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Yeah, I guess so, but I can't see a point where I can start... Sad
You know, no screw, no nothing that could open the lens!

Which end do you need to open Carsten? On my 37A there are three screws in the knurled fixed ring which butts against the camera. I think removing this ring will release the part with the mount thread, which includes the rails that stop the lens turning, so once this is removed the lens can be unscrewed out of the helicoil. I would guess, if you can't see any screws on your version, that the knurled ring probably unscrews.

If you need to open the objective end I think you should perhaps try unscrewing the lens ring, using something rubber to grip it with. I can't immediately see any way of getting to the diaphragm - it's buried deep in the lens quite away from the selector ring, so that looks a bit complicated!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Peter! I will check that.

My "new" 37AM seems to have some specks of dust inside, God knows how that comes.
If it is no problem to open it, I will try, if not, I'll leave it. Won't be a real problem.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pecks,dusts comes mostly from two reason 90% fungus, 10% perhaps already opened and technician left dust inside. I don't know other reasons.