Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Digital Pinhole Cameras
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first pinhole experiments results are here:

Photos from Alpha A200

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the day, I used an oatmeal can (cylinder) as a camera, photo paper as the negative, and needle-pierced tinfoil for the pinhole, and got decent ultrawide infinite-focus results.

More recently I've put a PinholeEdun Body Cap (reputedly f/181, effectively 45mm) on my Pentax K20D, and all I get is utter crud. I suspect the hole is too large for an APS-C sensor, that it might be more appropriate of a full-frame camera. I've tried my own tinfoil piercings in other lens caps with similar (or worse) trash. And the dSLR structure doesn't allow for closer placement to the sensor plane for a shorter focal length.

I've tried pinholes on surgically-altered 240x320 webcams, but the resolution sucks. I'm tempted to dissect a 1mpx digicam and apply a pinhole but I fear results similar to the K20D efforts. My sister gave me a beautiful carved hardwood 6x9cm pinhole camera a couple Xmas's ago, but now I can't find it. Embarassed I am perplexed by failure. Where did I put that damn 6x9?????

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Pinhole lens made by Lenox Laser Reply with quote

Here are some pix I took with a pinhole lens made by Lenox Laser.
I glued a body cap on the side opposite the cap that the lens came with.
This way I can use it on both my Nikon D300 or Canon 550D.
Here are some samples:

_APR5066 by J Bruja, on Flickr

_MG_1026a by J Bruja, on Flickr

_MAY5111 by J Bruja, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the well known Vivitar pinhole lens Wink

May have had some camera shake Very Happy

Pete

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your hole's too big Pete.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the first time I've been told that Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a couple examples I've done with a body cap and small chunk of soda can;

I recently moved the chunk of soda can to a lens cap, and I intend to take some portraits of people who think the lenscap is still on.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about diffraction with such small apertures?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly tons of diffraction Wink

Pi n 604 by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are two test shots with a pinhole for L39 mounted on a Nikon 1 V1 using an L39-N1 adapter, FOV ~ 80 mm FF eq.
Even a 1" sensor can produce reasonable results with some PP, with some planning probably good enough for small still life prints.

Veijo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a couple shots with the pinhole moved to my lens CAP, in front of my 50mm 1.4. Pictures come out way sharper than with just the pinhole in front of the sensor.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject: Web Service Provider Reply with quote

Nowadays everyone is purchasing things online. And all the digital items are to be purchased online by the people.This https://www.webtoolsoffers.com/ is the best source of purchasing online things.