Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Did it again ... with Franka this time
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Did it again ... with Franka this time Reply with quote

I just couldn't resist the tele-xenar 75/3.5, especially having seen some photos taken with it on one of these old Solida IILs (and I'm impatient, because my last toy hasn't arrived yet) so I got this from certo6. It's my first Schneider lens Smile

Is certo as good as his blurb claims? If this really has been thoroughly CLAd and is in excellent working order then it seems like a bargain at $120 ... (though a lot of these folders seem to be selling for ridiculously cheap prices - except the Bessa IIs which, by comparison, are ridiculously expensive.

So I've not got a 6x4.5 folder, waiting for the lens tool to arrive so I can clean it up, a 6x9 in transit and a 6x6 almost in transit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa! Serious drool here...

I really have a soft spot for the Frankas and this seems like a good one. Certo6 does good work, though rumor has it that in order to keep up with demand he farms some of it out. I have a Bessa II that has his treatment and the camera is in amazingly good shape. I did have to re-collimate the lens, whether that was something certo6 hadn't done right, or the guy I bought it from had monkeyed with I don't know.

Someday I'd love to have a Franka 6x4.5 folder - the one that got me started is really not in good shape at all, but I love the size and design.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jurgen has very good reputation at certo6.com, i am trust in him without hesitation.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:

I really have a soft spot for the Frankas and this seems like a good one.

Yep - the main issue with Solidas is that Franka seem to have marketed by aperture rather than quality, so that most suffer the somewhat disappointing 2.9 Radionar. This one is a positive exception and has the superior 3.5 Xenar.

Sevo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens was the key for me. The camera looks like a workhorse but I've seen some fantastic shots from this lens (especially stopped down).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, very clean looking. I've heard good and bad about certo6, some of it very bad, so you take your chances.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Very nice, very clean looking. I've heard good and bad about certo6, some of it very bad, so you take your chances.

Yeah, since I asked I saw a long thread on another forum but most of the gripes seemed to be about repairs, not about direct sales. As people tend to speak out when they have a complaint and shut up when they are happy, I suspect (and hope) he is much better than he was painted in that discussion.