Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Did anyone buy the Samsung NX?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Did anyone buy the Samsung NX? Reply with quote

I know that a lot of us have been waiting for the Samsung NX for many months (including myself), but since i saw the detailed specs, I decided to stick with my mFT camera and I am skipping the Samsung NX (for now Question )

Anyone who actually bought the NX10?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I haven't and I won't go that way by now.
If you think of using it for MF Lenses, you have to know that the current firmware version doesn't allow for zooming in live view mode.
That means no MF focus precision.
I also will stick to my GF1 by now.

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks SAMSUNG NX is a dead project ...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some rumor says Sony is going to announce they mirrorless between next week and May. I will wait to see what they have to offer, especially M Mount compatibility.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Looks SAMSUNG NX is a dead project ...

like they said in the godfather: 'it sleeps with the fishes'! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bummer, because they had a clean slate with no legacy compatibility to worry about... and they ended up making a camera that has no draw for the enthusiast crowd. Confused

I predict a short life... especially since they don't have any partners like micro 4/3 has.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my sentiments exactly!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
my sentiments exactly!

Haha. Looking at it again, I think I just subconsciously summarized what you posted in the other NX10 thread. It's no wonder that you agree! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems a shame, Samsung had so much potential. But I guess not enough development/marketing dollars were being spent yielding a lackluster 1st gen product. Rumor has it that new cameras will be announced between April and June. The NX5 and the NX100. The NX100 is targeted to be released in May-June and be the first very compact NX model. It is aimed as a direct competitor to the Panasonic GF1 and Olympus PEN cameras. So I hope to see more legacy support there with MF assistance.

They will also have a problem with keyword searches in major search engines. NX100 is already an Epson product with zillions of pages.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:

If you think of using it for MF Lenses, you have to know that the current firmware version doesn't allow for zooming in live view mode.

Question
That is not a problem for only MF users but every potential buyer from P&S segment. This must be some error that will be fixed very soon?

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a new firmware has been released.

Samsung wrote:
2. Improvements compare to F/W version 1.15

□ We added EVF selection function on the AMOLED displayed menu.
We added MF Asist On/Off selection function.
□ We added MF usage function while using K-Mount Adapter.
□ We improved Auto White Balance function of Low color temperature condition.
□ We improved SD Card Read/Write speed.
□ System stablization

http://dpreview.com/news/1005/10052504samsungnx10firmware115.asp

http://www.samsungimaging.com/learn/digital-camera-camcorder/productPopupView.do?forward=noticeWindow&prdCtgSeq=205&langPrdSeq=6033&fileSeq=1479&fileType=F_FIRMWARE

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the NX didn't quite cut it, but the mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras have a big future IMO, no need for being m4/3, they can just as easily be APS-C or even FF.
I think of it being kind of a 'Leica rangefinder' sizewise but instead of having a rangefinder looking through the lens on a big, tiltable electronic viewfinder