Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dicentras - This Time with Flek 25/4 and Industar 50/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Dicentras - This Time with Flek 25/4 and Industar 50/3.5 Reply with quote

Yeah...I hear you! Getting tired of Bleeding Hearts!

Anyway, I just took some more images before I leave work here, since those Dicentras are pretty close, just a short walk of 400 yards or so.

This time, with the Flek and the Industar. The Industar becomes the 35mm camera equivalent of a 75mm lens with the crop factor. The Flektogon becomes the 35mm camera equivalent of a 37mm lens.

Indy 50/3.5: Although the Industar is not known for any spectacular bokeh, I think it is actually a nice bokeh. Not outstanding, but certainly pleasant. Color rendition is slightly towards the blue side on the pink flowers. Specular round highlights handled very well!

Indy 50/3.5: Handles the tough contrast here pretty well. Good shadow details. Not bad at all.

Indy 50/3.5: Seems a bit harsh. Could be a product of very light sharpening, although I wouldn't think that the very small sharpening should make it harsh. Color good. Bokeh below average.

Flek 25/4: Colors not dense, but the cooler output is nice. Pinks tend more toward red than toward blue. Bokeh is okay, considering that f:4 is wide open.

Flek 25/4: Again, not as dense in color, output is toward red. Bokeh pretty good, since the background is about 2 meters away.

Flek 25/4: Three dimensionality very very good. Bokeh "falloff" very very good. A very nice output from this lens. Probably my favorite Dicentra image of the past few days. Image "pops" in an outstanding way (to me). Would have been better yet at f:5.6.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: Dicentras - This Time with Flek 25/4 and Industar 50/3.5 Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
Yeah...I hear you! Getting tired of Bleeding Hearts!

Not me, for multiple reasons, but mostly . . .
With your eye and skill you have the capability of giving interest to a repetative subject - which these are not.

I agree with you on the last shot.
What you made me forget is that the close up intense shots are dramatic, but not the only thing. Embarassed
With flowers and their various forms, the form and the grace that it can lend the plant and therefore the image is something that should not be ignored! The second and forth illustrate this.

It must be my inexperience as when I view the image you note having harsh bokeh - I can only see the play of light and shadow, colour on texture.

Jim

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: Dicentras - This Time with Flek 25/4 and Industar 50/3.5 Reply with quote

Hahahaha... "A flower waits for no man", or was that the "tide waits for no man". Anyways, I’m not tiring and your "Hearts" and better shoot them while you can. Just waiting to see you top your last one!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect pictures, in Larry's tradition Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Perfect pictures, in Larry's tradition Very Happy

Thanks Orio..and thanks all of you! Regarding the last image that I like...can you imagine that one with Orio's 50/3.5? Shocked Surprised Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep them coming!

The last shot really stands out.