Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Diaplan 2.8/100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Diaplan 2.8/100 Reply with quote

Still haven't done a proper adapter for this lens. Did some simple test shots again this past weekend when I was in the mood to play. Free lensing around the yard just looking for bubbles. Hard to focus when freelenses and I probably had it tilted for some shots. Still, when focus is correct, it can be quite sharp.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Woodrim
I am not able to send a pm or even open privmsg,folder,inbox.html, clicking pm icon directs to forum.mflenses.com.

Diaplans in my possesion have different outer diameter (52.45 mm) greater than other projection lenses, for them I have a helicoid done out of Helios-44-x lens with different inner spacers.
I was attaching Diaplans by means of generic extension rings of greater inner diameter (56.75 mm) so no helicoid but when a spacer applied out of rolled papper or plastic one can have a variable and adjustable lens distance.

macheck

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macheck wrote:
Hello Woodrim
I am not able to send a pm or even open privmsg,folder,inbox.html, clicking pm icon directs to forum.mflenses.com.

Diaplans in my possesion have different outer diameter (52.45 mm) greater than other projection lenses, for them I have a helicoid done out of Helios-44-x lens with different inner spacers.
I was attaching Diaplans by means of generic extension rings of greater inner diameter (56.75 mm) so no helicoid but when a spacer applied out of rolled papper or plastic one can have a variable and adjustable lens distance.

macheck

Thanks, Macheck. I am looking at a NEX to M42 focusing helicoid that I want to then use with the adapted Diaplan. The Diaplan would need to be connected to an extension of ??? length with a male M42. This will allow me to use the helicoid for other lenses instead of dedicating to the Diaplan. I don't suppose I have to insert the 2.8/100 Diaplan into the M42 barrel, but can attach it at the end with glue. I have been having success with a good quality, thick consistency cyanoacrylate glue. I have to figure the length of the M42 extension and then make sure I have a focusing helicoid NEX adapter that will provide both infinity and close focusing. I'm looking at this adapter for the camera part: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221677252795

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One picture is worth many words so:

paper spacer must be tight.
macheck

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely, I like all kind of projector lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A small bellows ? Kopil folding type?
I got this to work with a Ektanar C 102 mm f/2.8

I have hopes of "bubbles" bokeh from this triplet, like yours.
A poor mans Meyer Trioplan.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A half year later now and I still haven't properly adapted this lens. However, I do now have a plan. Yesterday was another free-lensing day. This time I went somewhere with more interesting subject matter and great sun reflections off the edge of a swamp. I really do like this little lens. It can be quite sharp when the focus is precise - I expect more of that when mounted properly.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 All very nice but the last one is special,and hurry up and finish the adapter. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed, poor mans Trioplan!
Bubble city.
Great work.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 All very nice but the last one is special,and hurry up and finish the adapter. Wink

I agree and will have to use the lens this way as well as searching for bubbles. I was fortunate to hit the focus just right on this flower and the background was colorful and the distance was right.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made my day! Superb efforts. Like Dog

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blue flower picture is excellent, I greatly prefer a painterly bokeh to the bubbles in a picture such as this. That's a lens that shows great promise, get and fix a mount. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly a year after first posting images from this lens, I have finally adapted it for proper use. I purchased a 35-90mm helicoid with 52mm female to 42mm male threads. The Diaplan is 52.5mm diameter Rolling Eyes I took off the half mm on my lathe, creating a very snug friction fit into the helicoid. There is a ledge in the helicoid that the lens seats on. Works perfectly on my NEX-5N.

I am surprised at the sharpness.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, beautiful images, superb! Congrats Happy Dog

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots! Will a hood lower the flare and give better contrast? I have the lens at home but I myself am a 2000km from there... A better contrast also can help precising the focus peaking of Magic Lantern, while its contrast based if I remeber well

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 great shots!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely images.
Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baychlen wrote:
Great shots! Will a hood lower the flare and give better contrast? I have the lens at home but I myself am a 2000km from there... A better contrast also can help precising the focus peaking of Magic Lantern, while its contrast based if I remeber well

I suspect a hood would work well. In fact, I meant to find one amongst my misc. parts before going out yesterday. I have had to shadow the lens with my hand when the sun is not behind.

You lost me with the Magic Lantern.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good job.
I was lucky when I bought from member here, the original ring of diaplan/pentacon.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
You lost me with the Magic Lantern.

Sorry cannot translate this... ML I use for focus peaking, works better than the adapter chips/viewfinder and also has some more helpful features that the good Canon people forgot to include.