Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Developing 120 film
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will attest that latex works great. Originally, I bought cotton gloves for scanning, but after a while, my finger oil will eventually seep through the cotton and smear the film. With the surgical gloves, everything is A-OK Smile

In fact, I'll use it from the developing stage to keep the chemicals off my hand (I only use it on my right hand), and later, when the film is dry, I'll use it to scan.

When I'm done, I'll blow it up into a hand-shaped balloon and let my son play with it for a while Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which color glove gives best results?

Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Which color glove gives best results?

18% grey, can also use to calibrate exposure.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I tried with latex gloves, and I wish I did not. Laughing Entering the two holes of the lightsafe bag was a pain, and one of the gloves immediately did break in the tentative. Guess where? Yes, at the tip of the thumb Rolling Eyes

Later, when was the time of reeling the film in, the latex constantly like to stick to the film - I'm afraid to see to what result...

One thing I forgot to take note about: the "face" of the film. I actually have no idea if I reeled the film in with the translucid support side out, or the emulsion side out. Damn I planned everything but not about that.

Note to self: next time, remember to wear the gloves _after_ having entered the bag.
Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

One thing I forgot to take note about: the "face" of the film. I actually have no idea if I reeled the film in with the translucid support side out, or the emulsion side out.

It's quite hard to reel the film the wrong side up because it curls naturally towards the emulsion side. Unless you had to fight the curling of the film, it's probably the correct way around (emulsion in). =)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it's been covered, but keeping everything dry, including hands and forearms help a lot as the slightest bit of moisture tends to gum up the emulsion and make everything stick in the reels.

I just wash my hands and blow them with a hairdryer before going in the dark bag.

CHEERS!