Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

"Dear Joni" short scifi movie
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: "Dear Joni" short scifi movie Reply with quote

EDIT:

NOW PUBLICLY RELEASED!

VIMEO LINK
YOUTUBE LINK

Hey all, so.. I shot this short scifi film strictly with vintage lenses. Smile
Here is the Vimeo blurb:

Quote:
"Dear Joni" is a short atmospheric sci-fi movie about the last man on Earth. It is also about saying goodbye to a loved one, and a yearning for new horizons.

We shot this film last summer in Folkestone, Canterbury, and London, using very humble but fun equipment.
It was shot on a Canon 60d camera using vintage 1960s Super Takumar, Zeiss, and Meyer Optik-Gorlitz lenses.

We tried to pay homage to classic sci-fi of the 70s and 80s, and Dear Joni's cinematography was inspired by the beauty of widescreen celluloid movies of that era, and their ability to tell a human story.

I can't make the film public yet, as that restricts its options for festivals, but if you are curious send me a PM and I will send you the password. Smile

Dear Joni

Rudolf

Last edited by rudolfkremers on Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all, I have now publicly released this film, so would love to get feedback from people. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont have access to vimeo yet, but the pictyres above is good

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't watch the movie. It doesn't start. Sad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
I can't watch the movie. It doesn't start. Sad

I could download it, though. Smile

Beautiful images. Many symbolic items and well composed frames.
The situation reminded me as well of "Quiet Earth" or of "I am Legend" (just without the Zombies)- and then the twist!
I really like that and it made me think. What if?
What if I really was that last human on earth? What a sad thought.
Not only because you would quickly have problems with electricity and fresh water, no health care any more and so on - what is even more devastating is the idea that nobody of your loved ones would be there any more. A human being cannot survive without others of his kind.

Thanks for sharing, Rudolf!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I registered on Vimeo to watch your film but I cannot find it...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
I registered on Vimeo to watch your film but I cannot find it...

I found it by clicking on the link in his original post. I'm downloading it, via the option on Vimeo, to watch this evening.

A link to it is here

https://vimeo.com/151534749/download?t=1452857792&v=465095697&s=30a388d949cf0e626a82f7aaa28517d7b63bd5d5ab6e015cf63c942d1189c869

It looks amazing and the photography is super. Well done.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
It looks amazing and the photography is super. Well done.

Indeed, well done!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all! The thread update did not show new posts so I missed all your nice comments.

Odd about the link... THIS ONE should be fine. Can people confirm this?

Alternatively, here is the YOUTUBE link

I'll reply properly when I have a mo...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is amazing. Is there any free online course to learn how to shoot with DSLR?
HemorrhageTreatment

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came across this only today... love the result, well done!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were very well done—lots of typically understood information delivered in a very simple, easy to comprehend manner. Thanks for the time and energy you put into making this.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great look - thanks for sharing.