Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Daylight Long Exposures
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:14 pm    Post subject: Daylight Long Exposures Reply with quote

This photo was taken with a 10 stop ND filter on a D850 and 18mm f/3.5 AIS Nikkor. The exposure was 60 seconds at f/11 with the ISO set to 32. This is not a difficult shot to take, it just takes a sturdy tripod, either a screw in 10 stop ND or, as I used, a 100mm square filter holder screwed into the filter threads. A remove timer/shutter release is a necessity. It was a bright morning, so I placed the filter directly on top of my Sekonic L-358 with the dome retracted and took a meter reading. My goal was to get a full minute exposure so I played with the aperture to get that shutter speed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice photo, Scott !
Your technical explanations are very welcome.
I am wondering wether you took the lightmeter's figures strictly into account or corrected them because of long exposure ?

Living by the sea, I'll try long exposure some day. Like 1 small

Oh, are these 2 dust spots in the sky on the right part ?