Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Day in the Country with the Konica Hexanon 57mm f/1.2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject: Day in the Country with the Konica Hexanon 57mm f/1.2 Reply with quote

I've just put up an album of shots from an afternoon out with the the Konica Hexanon 57mm f/1.2 on the Sony A7 II:

Love to hear your thoughts on the results!

Konica Hexanon 57mm f/1.2 Album

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1
Wonderful results. Very sharp and background melts away so smoothly. No coma from what I can see....were any shots at f/1.2?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WNG555 wrote:
...were any shots at f/1.2?

Indeed, i wondered about that as well!

Anyhow a very impressive lens!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words.

I did take some at f/1.2, though I don't think that any of these are. f/1.2 has a definite glow, and is really hard to get just right. Once I've gotten the best results I can, I'll post them up. For now, f/1.2 sees a little too much "user error". Smile

I think this lens may just be the all-day general lens I've been looking for. Something that can do portraits, landscapes, architecture, macro(ish), without too many compromises, and from morning to night.

With the bokeh, I absolutely love it. I did take of the bracket on the rear of the lens so that it's perfectly round which (I think) helps.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought one of these to fill a gap in my Hexanon collection. I am still learning how to use it well. Last week I read an article that recommended using an ND filter with super fast lenses in daylight. Sounds like good advice so I have ordered one. Anxious to see how it works.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done similar, but using a permanent circular polariser. I have one of the B+W high-transmission one's on there, so only lose about one stop of light.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely capture! You achieved beautiful separation of the sharply focused fence and the background.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle dream lens, I love it.