Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dance Class
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Dance Class Reply with quote

Well, I had a gig today for a magzine ad.

Assignment: Shoot dance instructor, blur students, show motion, landscape orientation:

Tools: Nex-5, Kipon tilt adaptor, Nikon 50mm f1.4 AIS

These are straight out of the camera, no PP.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! I like them!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Cool! I like them!

The graphic designer loved them and took these and another 30 to select from for the ad.

Besides the nikon 50mm I used nFD 20 and 24, and the sony DT 35mm f/1.8 in MF mode.

I forgot my precious nikon 28 f/2 which I could have used with the tilt also--damn!

The tilt adapter only takes nikon.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quite challenging to focus fast enought, how do you manage to hold cam, align tilt and focus in that time ?
Can´t see your exif.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats, fun series!
should be easy to do with a p&s and poposhop

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

der einrahmer wrote:
quite challenging to focus fast enought, how do you manage to hold cam, align tilt and focus in that time ?
Can´t see your exif.

I pick a tilt angle, focus on a slice of space, and when the subject enters I shoot 7fps. Repeat.

The POF is narrow but the DOF is deep, or the POF is narrow but wide.

Best