Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Damaged Minolta 35-100mm MD f3.5-4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Damaged Minolta 35-100mm MD f3.5-4.5 Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I picked up a bunch of lenses and this one has been dropped. Front element shows scratches as well as outer barrel so it is very obvious. Inner elements have fungus.

Aperture & focus are smooth and appear to be in good working order. I have not been able to test it because I still don't have an adapter for my camera.

What do I do?

Throw it in the bin or try to sell it for parts and or repair.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how bad are scratches and fungus? result of those two is softer photo, but you could still use it as portrait lens for that dreamy look

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's near impossible to repair scratches, but fungus can be removed if you really want to keep the lens.
I have had two lenses done by Alan Small in Taree. He is one of only a handfull of qualified lens repairers left in Australia. Mine had no scratches but had heavy fungus in one, and heavy hazing in the other. He did a brilliant job.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
how bad are scratches and fungus? result of those two is softer photo, but you could still use it as portrait lens for that dreamy look

Bad scratches. It's obvious it took a hefty hit but focus ring and aperture are still smooth. I don't know how the macro switch works and it seems to be stuck.

Hvala za pomoc.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Well it's near impossible to repair scratches, but fungus can be removed if you really want to keep the lens.
I have had two lenses done by Alan Small in Taree. He is one of only a handfull of qualified lens repairers left in Australia. Mine had no scratches but had heavy fungus in one, and heavy hazing in the other. He did a brilliant job.
Cheers
OH

My father lives up in Forster so that's close to this fellows place. Can you provide contact details or website?

I'm in Sydney but if I travel to see my father I can pay Allen a visit.

Still not sure what to do with this lens.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

parabellumfoto wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Cheers
OH

My father lives up in Forster so that's close to this fellows place. Can you provide contact details or website?

I'm in Sydney but if I travel to see my father I can pay Allen a visit.

Still not sure what to do with this lens.

http://www.camerahouse.com.au/our-stores/nsw/taree.aspx

He is an absolute gentleman as well.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

parabellumfoto wrote:
Hvala za pomoc.

Nema na čemu Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

http://www.camerahouse.com.au/our-stores/nsw/taree.aspx

He is an absolute gentleman as well.