Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dallmeyer Dallon 12" f/7.7 DIY adapted on Sony A7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:20 am    Post subject: Dallmeyer Dallon 12" f/7.7 DIY adapted on Sony A7 Reply with quote

Dallmeyer Dallon Tele-Anastigmat 12" f/7.7 DIY adapted on Sony A7

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

seems to be a quite a capable lens!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1
Good results!
Not easy to use, I suppose?
How did you adapt the lens?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kds315*"]Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

seems to be a quite a capable lens![/quote]

Yes, I agree. Despite there is no iris, it is still reasonably sharp wide open.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Minolfan"]Like 1
Good results!
How did you adapt the lens?[/quote]

I am still at work, probably for few more hours, and thus cannot take a picture of it which is now at home. Anyway, I inserted the whole lens into a 62mm front opening manual focusing tube. Then adapted it onto my A7 with a m42 to E-mount adapter.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Like 1
Good results!
How did you adapt the lens?

This is the adapted lens on A7.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="laenee"]Like 1 Like 1 Like 1[/quote]

Thank you! Laugh 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Helicoid overload Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kds315*"]Like 1 Helicoid overload Wink[/quote]

True, but it works. : )

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dallmeyers in 12" F:7.7/5.6/4.5 all came with a helicoid focusing mount and a 24 blade iris. They form almost perfect circles. mine looks look's like a four element design, perhaps Double guass. I believe mine has a single coating on every element Serial # 105,472 No2 Ser VI F=12". While i was able to get the back element off, the front was on way too tight to get off. I went through the back to get at the back of the front element, NOT my preferred way to clean a lens. Still it came out 98% clean. I tried two pair of filter ring pliers with no luck? Is the front element a reverse thread? Since my lens was made in the Akeley 35mm movie camera mount, I plan on cutting it off with a hack saw and mounting to a Sony E mount adapter. Akeley used a very heavy brass flat plate as a camera mount. It had the lens and a field of view tube with lens in it also. The lens uses a 47x1mm male thread to screw into its female helicoid focusing unit , made of heavy brass. That male thread is aluminium and the female is brass, so it will need to be lubed before placing back in. Naturally a early post war Dallmeyer used whale oil grease and naturally its congealed, like they all are! So, i will have to use some technique to get that focusing mount to move smoother , without disassembly that is. [/img]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallons are quite nice and have interesting bokeh used wide open. Here are two with a 10.5 in f6.7 Dallon