Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dallmeyer 9 1/2" and RedDot Artar w Pentax K-7 First
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Dallmeyer 9 1/2" and RedDot Artar w Pentax K-7 First Reply with quote

Greetings all:

Found your site here the other day and thought you might like to see some of the things I do when not working for a living. Shot out side here yesterday in Connecticut USA. The Dallmeyer is all brass and the glass is about the size of a silver dollar. Bubbles in the glass but quite nice dreamyness I think. I don't know its age but its sure its older than I am. I'll show you my set up when I bring my other camera home. Its a Sinar view camera as the bellows and the appropriate adapters on either end. I guess this qualifies as manual focus....

The Goerz Red Dot Artar is a process lens used for color separations in the 1940s. Not much coverage for a 250mm lens but sharpness is not a problem as you can see.

Just got the Pentax K-7 This week to get images from some of these great old lenses onto the internet. Just quicker that's all. I usually shoot all formats 120 to 8 x 10 and then scan on my Lintype Hell Drum scanner. This is much quicker as these were taken less than 24 hours ago. Let me know what you think...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Dallmeyer 9 1/2" and RedDot Artar w Pentax K-7 Fi Reply with quote

Brainstorm wrote:
Greetings all:

Found your site here the other day and thought you might like to see some of the things I do when not working for a living. Shot out side here yesterday in Connecticut USA. The Dallmeyer is all brass and the glass is about the size of a silver dollar. Bubbles in the glass but quite nice dreamyness I think. I don't know its age but its sure its older than I am. I'll show you my set up when I bring my other camera home. Its a Sinar view camera as the bellows and the appropriate adapters on either end. I guess this qualifies as manual focus....

The Goerz Red Dot Artar is a process lens used for color separations in the 1940s. Not much coverage for a 250mm lens but sharpness is not a problem as you can see.

Just got the Pentax K-7 This week to get images from some of these great old lenses onto the internet. Just quicker that's all. I usually shoot all formats 120 to 8 x 10 and then scan on my Lintype Hell Drum scanner. This is much quicker as these were taken less than 24 hours ago. Let me know what you think...

Welcome, Quoting your first image posts here to bypass the anti-spam.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely rendering from both beauties

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Nice to see you here and thank you for nice entry!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome here! Beautiful images esp. the one shot with the Artar. The Artar (by GOERZ, designed by Walther Zschokke) is a wonderful apochromatic corrected lens, especially the later coated "red dot" versions; unfortunately mainly found in longer focal lengths for medium/large format.

Last edited by kds315* on Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Artars see http://www.largeformatphotography.info/classic-experts.html (scroll down a bit)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Dallmeyer Artar Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind comments. Having a place to display images from these great lenses for others to appreciate is very fulfilling.

This is my first forum post, so I didn't quite get the hang of getting the pictures to show up. The text went through but the photos came up with an X in the box indicating no link. Katmandu was kind enough to "Quote" it to get the photos to show up. How did that work?

Would you be kind enough to explain what I missed.

Is there a link to find out what the buttons such as QUOTE CODE LIST etc do?

Thanks again so much. I'll work on figuring how to do an Avatar next

Regards
John

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First posts are typically blocked for vetting. These are sublime. Especially love the rose. You will find lot of us using these (typically) enlarging lenses. klaus is our resident expert on unusual lenses/macro/optics etc Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh