Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dallmeyer 3" F1.9 C-mount lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Dallmeyer 3" F1.9 C-mount lens Reply with quote

I've had this lens kicking about in a box for a while. I got it from a junk shop decades ago, fitted it to a B/W CCTV camera for some computer vision experiments then put it away and forgot about it until the box turned up again recently.

(Sorry, I can't seem to embed a photo in this message, so here's a link to one).

Code:
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee12/nojay_photo/Odds%20and%20Sods/lens01.jpg

I've not been able to discover much on the Web about this particular lens -- there are a whole load of Dallmeyer 1" and 2" F1.9 lenses out there but the 3" FL seems to be uncommon. The lens hood (which unscrews) is marked T.V. but I don't know what that implies -- I assume something of this quality wasn't commonly used on CCTV systems. Would it have been fitted to an OB camera or similar, perhaps? I presume the optics were based on a 16mm cine camera lens.

It has a 16-blade iris and the optics seem to be in fine condition but I am no expert in judging such things. The focus ring is stiff but smooth through its range. I don't have anything I can fit it to to test its optical properties; I am enamoured of the Micro Four Thirds cameras which people seem to enjoy stucking odd glass in front of but my toy budget is limited and Xmas cost me many shekels.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here you go...

I have a 1" f1.9 Dallmeyer, recently sharp lens, same design, but never found much about that one, too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! From now you able to publish images here.