Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dahlia - Chinon MC Macro 1.7/50mm - Ektar 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Dahlia - Chinon MC Macro 1.7/50mm - Ektar 100 Reply with quote

There aren't too many samples from this lens available on the internet. This was my original post when initially getting the lens: http://forum.mflenses.com/any-info-chinon-1-7-50mm-macro-t31458,highlight,chinon+macro+50mm.html

I was interested in seeing how the lens performed wide open. It gives an incredibly dreamy feel in close-ups.

Chinon CP-7m (with Kipon-make K to m42 adapter), between 1/500th and 1/1000th, v700 scanner. Zero PP except dust removal and resizing.

~Marc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

second one is too mystical. Like it very much. How do you evaluate performance of this glass?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the ethereal quality to these like in a dream, but there were would be ladies with the flowers in my dreams, not bugs. Wink Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best shots here, I think, moleman.
Turn that lens on a human or two with BW400CN ...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots. I prefer the 1st one actually Marc. It's the composition that works better for me. It does have a glow to it and I suspect it will exibit some CA of the cyan kind in tough situations.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, again these are nice shots, Marc, but when you get done dilly-dahlia-ing
around, I'd like to see some women. Don't you have another GF by now? Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

I definitely will get around to some people shots soon. As for girlfriends, I don't seem to be having much luck in that area. The girl I'm interested in now is a professional ice-dancer and she travels nationally quite a bit because of this. She never sticks around long enough for it to get serious. I really know how to pick em Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These photos are wonderful and amazing.Congratulations!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I like the second one the best -- I like the soft focus of the background.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both. I actually ended up selling this lens for quite a profit (hint: for 10x what I paid. And I paid $35). Although i liked the images, i would rather put my money elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow this shot is soo dynamic (#2). very creative work !

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Marc, I shot a few rolls of Ektar 100 too. All images got toned violet. Did you noticed similar effects?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blue or violet tones tend to happen when ektar is underexposed. Ektar HATES to be underexposed. It is very much like a slide film in that respect. This color cast is hard to correct for in PP. I typically rate the film as 80iso to make sure shadows areas do not fall victim to this cast.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see... I will keep that in mind when using Ektar again. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

****I was interested in seeing how the lens performed wide open. It gives an incredibly dreamy feel in close-ups. ****

Congrats......An excellent way of explaining a lens showing blurred results wide open Wink