Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dagor on 5D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Dagor on 5D Reply with quote

To-day we had sunshine, but the temperature was -6C and there was enough wind to make it feel like -15C. However, I made a quick trip to downtown Helsinki to take a few shots with the Dagor - my very slim fingers could take it for about five minutes and after that they were hurting so much that I had to stop. Anyway, I got a few decent shots and put them at http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/eos5d_dagor.html . Have a look e.g. at the full-size version of 9545, either unsharpened or very slightly sharpened. These photos exhibit practically no CA or purple fringing at all, maybe even less than the 4/180 APO-Lanthar. It should also be noted that I shot wide open at f/6.8, at an aperture which was supposed to mainly be used for framing only.

Veijo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow!!!! Shocked
I want this lens!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wide open Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that is good. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have said in the other thread: This lens is "my favourite" one of your classic lenses!
Great!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, nice images Vilva.
Take care at the sensor, it's a little bit dirty.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive Vilva - difficult to believe the results you get with these lenses that are even older than I am. Smile Smile

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results, Vilva. This one is definitely a keeper.

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
As I have said in the other thread: This lens is "my favourite" one of your classic lenses!
Great!

Lucis, I already knew you had nailed the interpretation about the sharpness of the lens! I figured you were right in that earlier post, and Veijo's images here bear out your good eye for excellence.

Veijo, the images are unbelievable...there is a beautiful "creamy" richness with that extraordinary lens. GREAT work. Your propensity for experimentation is a wonderful outlet for all of us. Someday, when I finally get my 5D, I will be reviewing your pages and picking up some of the old glass myself. You are an inspiration.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
Wide open Shocked

In this case the wide isn't so very wide, only f/6.8, but anyway ...

Veijo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Well, nice images Vilva.

Thanks Smile

Quote:
Take care at the sensor, it's a little bit dirty.

I know it's dirty. It gets that way when you change lenses a lot during testing, but repeatedly blowing the dust away gradually increases the amount of dust under the focus screen, and removing that is a little bit more complicated.

Veijo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:

Veijo, the images are unbelievable...there is a beautiful "creamy" richness with that extraordinary lens.

The bokeh can be a little bit weird at times, however:

but as we can see the lack of CA in the OOF region is quite extraordinary:

Quote:
GREAT work. Your propensity for experimentation is a wonderful outlet for all of us.

Smile

Quote:
Someday, when I finally get my 5D, I will be reviewing your pages and picking up some of the old glass myself. You are an inspiration.

Just get a bellows and use these lenses on your M42 system.

Veijo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lack of CA is quite astonishing.