Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Visionar f1.6 100mm + SpeedBooster
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject: CZJ Visionar f1.6 100mm + SpeedBooster Reply with quote

That makes it a f1.15 72mm combo. Windy day, sun disappeared, tried it nevertheless fully open.
Have a look....

Full set is here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/sets/72157656458555811

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there is that special portrait ...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely, Klaus!
That's the way I like to use mine the most, too. With a Speed Booster it seams to be a little sharper in the center and with the diaphragm closed 1-2 steps its sharpness/Bokeh transition meets my taste perfectly.
Have you adopted your 4-legs friend or he's still a homeless? Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan_ wrote:
Lovely, Klaus!
That's the way I like to use mine the most, too. With a Speed Booster it seams to be a little sharper in the center and with the diaphragm closed 1-2 steps its sharpness/Bokeh transition meets my taste perfectly.
Have you adopted your 4-legs friend or he's still a homeless? Smile

Yes, it is a nice combo indeed Dan, yet a bit nerve-wrecking to use at wind fully open Wink
The bokeh is really silky smooth (unfortunytely the jpg compression here ruins that a bit)
and still the lens is razor sharp. This being an example when stopped down a bit...

She has a home nearby, just likes to hunt in the park in the evening, when I usually also
be there to capture the warm and soft evening light...we know each other well and there
is usually some greeting and petting involved... Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must be an expert in timing in the wind, with such pictures!
I see wind for me as a macro-killer Sad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
You must be an expert in timing in the wind, with such pictures!
I see wind for me as a macro-killer Sad

Well, it is and the "hit rate" is not as good as usual, but with patience and experience
it works quite well... The SpeedBooster also helped to allow for higher shutter speeds.