Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Triotar 4/135 T Reassembly
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: CZJ Triotar 4/135 T Reassembly Reply with quote

I need to put my "CZJ Triotar 4/135 T 3970712 Alu" back together...

It's been cleaned, shined and lubed... i think i did a good job....
even if i'm an amateur.......

Preset lens i think i can manage.....

Most guys on this forum love the Triotar...
So I'd really like this lens to be in usable shape.... and see for myself....

I need the sequence to put it back together, any cues ??

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this helps: http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=12970&sid=c0ab97914be5635d882a4f2f2c6acf7f

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

couldn't read this:

http://www.digicamclub.de/showthread.php/8586-Carl-Zeiss-Jena-Triotar-4-135-T

and Google's translation was pitiful....... i did manage to put it back together anyway....

But It's still a bit to stiff for my taste......

It seems like the stiffness is coming from where the focusing ring overlaps the bottom part........ looks like there's friction there........

It was stuck..... unusable......... now it's "just" stiff..........
I suppose it's an improvement................

But it's a lovely piece............

I might just take it apart and try again......

Maybe if I file the interior of the focusing ring where it overlaps the bottom part..... or should i put a little grease in there.....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friction usually originates from old, sticky grease in the helicoid threads. Clean them carefully and use some anorganic grease with the viscosity of your choice. Be aware that the grease should not be a crawly one.

Before you use non-reversable mechanical force on your lens, double check if there is another solution.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a second thought, the stiffness might be caused by the wrong "new" grease too. A while back I used white lithium grease (from the bike shop) to lube my lenses. This grease features a low viscosity, if you turn your focus dail its stiff at the beginnig and gets smoother while turning. Maybe you just have to use another grease (with higher viscosity).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the lub i used, it's blueish in colour... NLGI grade 2
I liked it's temperature range (-18°/180°) it gets cold here in the winter...

All parts were very well cleaned and every time i assemble it and dissassembled it, before i got it right, i cleaned and relubed it....
to avoid a mess.....

Checked the lens out this morning........... no infinity.......
Seems i can't get it right ('Embarassed')........I'll have to do it again......
Might as well test another lubricant...

Thanks Gonzoo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Achieving infinity when reassembling the lens can be a tedious process. Remember to put a mark where lens barrel and helicoid separates next time.