Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Prakticar (Pancolar) 1.8/50 street test: close-mid range
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject: CZJ Prakticar (Pancolar) 1.8/50 street test: close-mid range Reply with quote

CZJ Prakticar MC 1.8/50 rendres reds in quite an overhelming manner. I think this is the main distinction from 6/5 "zebra" version of Pancolar that gives the same 3D effect but tends to yellow and green. Prakticar also keeps quite a lot of green which is visible when one tries to play with colours and saturation. But the road open to the red is sensibly larger.

The second feature that lets me think of a difference between this "newest" Pancolar and the "zebra" version is bokeh. This one is not as creamy as "zebra" lens has, but seems in some extent fuzzier, all the time in a very pleasant way.

And in close range the lens shows just a shokingly realistic effect.

For the reason of a dull light all shots are slightly lightness/constrast boosted, and then I had to partly desaturate the resulting images because of the reds which seemed to get over the top!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job, colors are great, vivid with a punch.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Pancolart!

Here is some more, of yellow and green.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updating the thread with an indoor close-up converted into BW

#1 Simple desaturation and quick adjustments

#2 NIK Efex film simulation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What splendid results.
They go some way to explaining why the 1.8 is so close to the 1.4 in market price.
Tom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Tom! That makes me pleasure you appreciated the results.

I am not sure the price is determined by the IQ the lens gives. Perfect counter-examples are Rollei Planar 1.8/50 and Hexanon 1.8/40 which are excellent lenses that you may find for 40 euros pretty often. The price tag of this Prakticar (as compared to a lower median even of MC Pancolar) oscillating around 100 euros might result its reative rarity, I presume.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
Thank you, Tom! That makes me pleasure you appreciated the results.

I am not sure the price is determined by the IQ the lens gives. Perfect counter-examples are Rollei Planar 1.8/50 and Hexanon 1.8/40 which are excellent lenses that you may find for 40 euros pretty often. The price tag of this Prakticar (as compared to a lower median even of MC Pancolar) oscillating around 100 euros might result its reative rarity, I presume.

The v.2 of the Prakticar should be a bit cheaper than the v.1.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you tell those two versions apart, Papasito?