Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Flektogon 2.8/35mm Exakta - reassemble
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:50 am    Post subject: CZJ Flektogon 2.8/35mm Exakta - reassemble Reply with quote

I got my hands on a CZJ Flektogon 2.8/35mm in exakta that was full of sand.

I got it apart, cleaned, but for the life of my I can't figure out how to reattach the aperture leaver , while maintaining focus.

Anyone have a reassembly guide?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By aperture lever, you mean an auto lens with a shutter button?
I don't recall seeing one, I did just finish removing a binding auto system from a zebra version 35/2.8 auto, it was far more intricate and delicate than it needed to be, the spring loaded slider was binding,I removed that part and I epoxied a spring to the aperture slot, and to the inner body to keep the aperture against the aperture ring lever, it now works like a standard aperture system.
I've been looking for info on how to open up the older all silver preset 35/2.8, I only got so far before I couldn't see a path forward beyond taking the aperture basket out, something I'd rather not do to relube the helicoid, I added onto a 35/2.8 Flek thread in the repair forum if anyone has been in one before and can help.