Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Biotar T 58/2 M42 17-blades - sold
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: CZJ Biotar T 58/2 M42 17-blades - sold Reply with quote

CZJ Biotar T 58/2 M42 17-blades

This is the rare manual version with 17 blades, which is based on pre-war design, but which was produced for a short time after war (58mm instead of 5.8cm).

optics: free from fungus + haze, a few dust particles, a lot of biotar bubbles, but there are some clearly visible cleaning marks, which can affect contrast (look at the pictures - the last one is taken under cold LED light to make it more visible)
mechanics: blades are OK, aperture ring is smooth, focusing is smooth, but around 1.5-1.7m the ring goes slightly easier (relubing would help, but is not necessary)
cosmetics: no dings and scratches on lens body

59 + shipping

//ed.: corrected price

Last edited by no-X on Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

54 + shipping

samples:

light source (window) is located in top-right corner

f/2.0 vs. f/2.0 + lens hood (both converted from RAW with the same settings)

f/5.6 vs. f5.6 + lens hood (both converted from RAW with the same settings)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have mail Smile

What kind of a lens hood were you using? I am interested in finding one (or two actually) but am not sure whether "any" standard 49mm screw-in lens hood that doesn't obstruct the angle of view is the way to go or whether there exists a description of what the Biotar 58/2 lens hood originally looked like anywhere on the web.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't the original hood, so I used old hood from Jupiter 37 135mm hand-held (no problem with vignetting). The easiest way would be filter ring adapter. This old biotar version seems to use ~ 39mm filter ring.

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold