Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Biotar 1.5/75
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: CZJ Biotar 1.5/75 Reply with quote

EOS 5D + Biotar 75 wide open - shot in RAW with no PP other than conversion using Capture One 4 Beta 2 in which I turned the default sharpening off:

A breeze blew up as I made the image, hence the movement....
[img][/img]

Last edited by bob955i on Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm... I'll be sincere, I am sure that the Biotar 75 is a fantastic lens but this particular shot does not impress me under any regards (colour sharpness or bokeh).

I have seen many excellent photos by you, Bob, this one does not give you justice at all.
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted it too soon Orio - I normally wait until the following day to see if I still feel good or bad about an image, now that I've detached from it, to be honest I don't like it myself.

Thank you for your comments though. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you post another soon.

Actually, I wouldn't care about the quality of composition, as long as it might show some typical sharpness and bokeh examples of the lens. But, it sounds like the sharpness and boken might not have been well represented with this particular image?

Can't wait to see one!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
it sounds like the sharpness and boken might not have been well represented with this particular image?

Pretty much so Laurence - my choice of subject wasn't too hot.