Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Biometar 80mm f2.8 vs Tessar 80mm f2.8 (P6!)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject: CZJ Biometar 80mm f2.8 vs Tessar 80mm f2.8 (P6!) Reply with quote

Hi,

I have seen a lot of pictures taken with the Biometar 80mm f2.8 and I find it an interesting lens, I am especially pleased by its bokeh WO. I might buy one, but looking around in Internet I realise there is something like a "twin" of this lens, the Tessar 80mm f2.8.

What are the main differences between the two lenses? Assuming you are after bokeh WO and "artistic"rendering, which one would you pick up?

Thanks.

Last edited by wolan on Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: CZJ Biotar 80mm f2.8 vs Tessar 80mm f2.8 (P6!) Reply with quote

wolan wrote:
Hi,

I have seen a lot of pictures taken with the Biotar 80mm f2.8 and I find it an interesting lens, I am especially pleased by its bokeh WO. I might buy one, but looking around in Internet I realise there is something like a "twin" of this lens, the Tessar 80mm f2.8.

What are the main differences between the two lenses? Assuming you are after bokeh WO and "artistic"rendering, which one would you pick up?

Thanks.

Do you mean the Biometar?
If so there is some useful discussion here:
https://www.photo.net/discuss/threads/tessar-vs-biometar-80-2-8-p6.470632/
Tom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: CZJ Biotar 80mm f2.8 vs Tessar 80mm f2.8 (P6!) Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
wolan wrote:
Hi,

I have seen a lot of pictures taken with the Biotar 80mm f2.8 and I find it an interesting lens, I am especially pleased by its bokeh WO. I might buy one, but looking around in Internet I realise there is something like a "twin" of this lens, the Tessar 80mm f2.8.

Thanks.

Do you mean the Biometar?
If so there is some useful discussion here:
https://www.photo.net/discuss/threads/tessar-vs-biometar-80-2-8-p6.470632/
Tom

Hi Tom,
thank you, I corrected. One should never post before going to bed Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Biometar, like an hibrid lens (planar/sonnar) renders better IQ at 2,8/5,6

Very similar at f/8

At f/11 I like more the Tessar imagen.

The Tessar is less prone to flare