Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Biometar 2.8/80 example photo from this lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: CZJ Biometar 2.8/80 example photo from this lens Reply with quote

I didn't dedicate much time to this lens because I didn't have the time.
Well, I heard a lot of negative comments about this lens, as being below the usual carl Zeiss Jena standard. So much that I surely wouldn't have purchased it if it didn't come bundled with the Pentacon Six. But now that I have tried it, although briefly, I have to wonder, if I have been lucky and got an optimal copy of this lens, or, if all the critics to this model have been a little exaggerated.
This is a shot wide open:

As you can see, the lens is quite sharp even wide open. The image quality is good from corner to corner and the bokeh is nothing special but not trash either.
The performance is that of a solid lens. It surely doesn't have the soothing smoothness and 3-dimensionality of the West Germany's Planars, but it does it's job well and has nothing to be ashamed about.
This is a shot at f/5.6:

and as you can see, there is plenty of detail and contrast to make a vivid image.
This may not be the lens that keeps you awake at night dreaming of it, but it surely is a solid performer and for the price it usually comes at (about Eur 50), it is a sure bargain.

Direct links:
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/904/bio1ez1.jpg
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1382/bio2pt5.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a very nice result, Orio!

As far as I can say, I like the character of the lens.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great, much better than mine.