Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ 3.5/135mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject: CZJ 3.5/135mm Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 this lens is a no brainer

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very beautiful shots!
it is indeed a fantastic lens.
the name ring of your lens is very interesting (and rare?) usually the export lenses have engraved:
"Jena" or "aus Jena" "S" 135....
the terms "Carl Zeiss" and "Sonnar" were no longer allowed outside the former eastern block in the 70's.
i have never seen the combination on your lens...

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

planet.groove wrote:
very beautiful shots!
it is indeed a fantastic lens.
the name ring of your lens is very interesting (and rare?) usually the export lenses have engraved:
"Jena" or "aus Jena" "S" 135....
the terms "Carl Zeiss" and "Sonnar" were no longer allowed outside the former eastern block in the 70's.
i have never seen the combination on your lens...

sorry my friend,I didn't really study it,

My friend said that “sonnar” was made by Zeiss factory, and “S” was commissioned by other factories

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens isn't rare at all. It's the model which wasn't allowed to be exported to the "western part of the world" according to the agreement between Zeiss/Oberkochen and Zeiss/Jena.
There are plenty of copies around and for sale on Ebay nowadays and it's besides the markings identical to the "aus Jena" copies.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos and lens!
Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
This lens isn't rare at all. It's the model which wasn't allowed to be exported to the "western part of the world" according to the agreement between Zeiss/Oberkochen and Zeiss/Jena.
There are plenty of copies around and for sale on Ebay nowadays and it's besides the markings identical to the "aus Jena" copies.

the name ring with the combination of "Carl Zeiss Jena" and "S" is rare, not the lens...
eastern part : Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar
western part : "Jena" or "aus Jena" "S"
and sometimes there is a second ring under the visible one.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:

Scary. So buying such lens trespasses an agreement that is now known to me. Maybe there are still active East German secret service agents waiting for a rebirth of communism and ready to act against innocent photographers. Shocked Laugh 1

Seems excellent. Not surprised since it seems to be a cousin of Jupiter 37A I own that is marvelous.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:

lumens pixel wrote:
Scary. So buying such lens trespasses an agreement that is now known to me. Maybe there are still active East German secret service agents waiting for a rebirth of communism and ready to act against innocent photographers.

Seems excellent. Not surprised since it seems to be a cousin of Jupiter 37A I own that is marvelous.

No problem at all. Zeiss/Jena is reunited and since 1995 a 100% subsidary of Zeiss AG/Oberkochen. The rest is history.
Indeed there are several Russian copies of Zeiss lenses from the USSR/DDR times. Interestingly the Russian copies seems to be the better ones in terms of mechanical quality, at least from my experience.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated some photos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, Tachi! I like the joyful colour pump you give to your shots. It fits nicely the lens' character.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
Well done, Tachi! I like the joyful colour pump you give to your shots. It fits nicely the lens' character.

Thank you, my friend. 。Let's cheer for photography

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Tachi, you show why everyone should have a Sonnar 3.5/135 - hard to beat this lens for price vs performance.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Nice work Tachi, you show why everyone should have a Sonnar 3.5/135 - hard to beat this lens for price vs performance.

Thank you for your encouragement.

This lens is really cost-effective,I bought it in my country for about $100

I don't know how much your country needs to buy it

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the same, but luckily, we can buy the later Prakticar version for 25-50ukp.