Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZ 4.5/4CM tessar arrival
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: CZ 4.5/4CM tessar arrival Reply with quote

This lens got here quickly Shocked By the serial number this one was built as early as '49. It is in absolutely unused condition. The aperture blades are clean and move freely. The focus is nearly stuck however and will need the heli-grease removed/replaced. It is a tiny little lens and yet the rear projection is quite pronounced. The lens only fits on the 40D and Practica FX from my group of bodies. I can not even mount it on a Spotty or Sears/Ricoh M42 body. Here are three quick pics. The two of the flowers was wide open. Incredibly saturation for a lens designed to be used with B+W film. Better samples will follow. Cool

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! How lucky you are ! Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!
Last Friday I received a second Tessar 3.5/50, this time in Exakta mount.
It works just as gorgeous as the first one that started it all for me.
Only problem, the Exakta-EOS adapter does not work with the 5D. It does not clear the mirror movement, not at the base (like it usually happens with lenses), but in the top.
It works perfectly, however, with the 400D.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo!

The lens looks great on Canon D40, not common.

Who can made a so good lense by hand (work without modern machines)?

1949 - and these pictures, great.

I am in deep admiration.

I can´t still believe the ability of old lenses.

Thanks for showing.

Question:
I am looking for an adapter M42 to praktica or Pentax K to praktica.
Anyway, exist so a adapter?

greetings Peter

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Shocked

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats sunshine! nice combo on the 40D

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

padiej wrote:

Question:
I am looking for an adapter M42 to praktica or Pentax K to praktica.
Anyway, exist so a adapter?

greetings Peter

M42lens ->Praktica bayonet exist and were supplied by Praktica - ebay will have a couple of them.

Pentax K lens ->Praktica bayonet - I've never seen one, but I've seen it done the other way by modifying the lens bayonet slightly, that is, Praktica bayonet lens to Pentax K body. If it can be done that way, I would think it can be done the other - the bayonets are very similar and I think the register distances are very close.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, it doesn't surprise me at all that it have good saturation if it was designed for black and white... Take a picture with a digital camera with bad lighting and and crappy lens (let's say canon kit lens)... you end up with bad colors... take the same picture with good lighting and a good lens with good color accuracy and with a well saturated render... awesome colors
then convert both image to black and white (greyscale), and see the result Razz
A picture with bad colors give mediocre black and white Razz That's what I've learned anyway.
Black and white can save your ass and you could get a so-so BW pix from a terrible color pix, but excelent BW in digital are achieved when the colors, saturation and contrast are good already Razz
Anyway I'm not an expert in black and white, but I've noticed that easilly because it always were a hard choice... when I really like the colors of a picture, I want to keep them... but the black and white kicks ass too so... color or black and white?! that's always a hard decision for me Razz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy

Congratulations - what a little beauty

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really is a beauty! And the shots look great!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well Thierry, in your example my vote goes for colour.

Gerd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really nice girl, she reminds me a lot of Italian swimmer Federica Pellegrini:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and I think that Thierry's model is even more attractive!