Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cyclop - The One-Eyed Monster
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$300 Buy it now.

Click here to see on Ebay Confused

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing now you can see the bluish glass i was talking about. Seller Cameramate BTW.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooof. Not only is it not the desirable lens, it is missing the rear element - making it not even suitable for use in its original night vision unit anymore. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planing to test it against my Helios 40. Have anyone else did a comparison? Surprised

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With that blue thing?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
I am planing to test it against my Helios 40. Have anyone else did a comparison? Surprised

I would like to see that comparison, and also learn of whatever differences in construction, element wise, that you can tell.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a rush here now before Christmas, but here is a a physical comparison Wink

It would probably be better to compare the Helios 40-2 from the same production period than the older Helios 40 silver that I have.

Cyclop is slightly taller, but Helios 40 is heavier and wider Surprised

Weight Cyclop: 740g
Weight Helios: 920g

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly off topic but was a reasonable price for a Helios 85mm f1.5?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid that it's no longer possible to buy it for a normal price (unless you're reeeeal lucky of course Very Happy). For me it's worth about 200-250$ max, but here in Poland they go (40-2 black version) for as much as 400, sometimes 500$ Shocked.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't let mine go for less then 450 EUR. If interested let me know.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine, being the coveted yellow/orange glass variety with the cyrillic characters and rare crackle finish is worth a minimum of £1000.

Merry Xmas everyone Smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
Mine, being the coveted yellow/orange glass variety with the cyrillic characters and rare crackle finish is worth a minimum of £1000.

Martyn: You are speaking of the Cyclop, right? Joking also, I'm sure. The question was about the Helios 40. I have seen them selling around $300.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last Cyclop pictures of 2010...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
martyn_bannister wrote:

Martyn: You are speaking of the Cyclop, right? Joking also, I'm sure. The question was about the Helios 40. I have seen them selling around $300.

Hi Mike,

I was of course joking about my Cyclops, misread the original question
Quote:
Slightly off topic but was a reasonable price for a Helios 85mm f1.5?
Sorry!

Nice pictures! Looks almost spring like. It has been dull, overcast and grey here for what seems like months Sad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just applied some grease on the focusing thread and the focusing ring works much smoother now Very Happy.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pulatom wrote:
I've just applied some grease on the focusing thread and the focusing ring works much smoother now Very Happy.

I have the opposite, mine is to loose and is almost spinning like a wheel Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a very simple upgrade, you just need to unscrew three little screws on the lens barrel when the lens is set to the closest focus distance and the whole optical block comes out. Focusing became a lot more comfortable now Wink.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
pulatom wrote:

I have the opposite, mine is to loose and is almost spinning like a wheel Very Happy

Maybe you need to mix some sawdust with the grease. No, on second thought, don't do that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro: Have you taken any comparison pictures at f/1.5 with Helios 40?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent seen that kind of 85mm lens on cyclop before? Anybody knows more? Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Nordentro wrote:
pulatom wrote:

Maybe you need to mix some sawdust with the grease. No, on second thought, don't do that.

Laughing

woodrim wrote:
Nordentro: Have you taken any comparison pictures at f/1.5 with Helios 40?

It's still on my "what I want to do" list Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
martyn_bannister wrote:

Let's see what price it fetches: Click here to see on Ebay.de .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In PL they go for about 1500zł, which equals about 400 euros Very Happy, see here for example:

http://allegro.pl/helios-40-2-85-1-5-jak-nowy-i1409292218.html

And what's funny, people actually buy them Laughing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see why you say funny. I would consider it good value for money up to 700 EUR if good condition & black. I speculate price will stabilize there in long term.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's a nice lens all right, but the price seems exaggerated nowadays, looks like soviet lenses became "trendy" Very Happy.