Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cyclop 1.5/85mm.....My God! What is it?!?!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Cyclop 1.5/85mm.....My God! What is it?!?! Reply with quote

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8920580@N04/2055286306/

I stumbled across this lens the other day while searching on flickr. A cyclop 1.5/85mm??? It has the m42 mount. It also has the factory symbol for ROMZ (Rostov Optical and Mechanical Factory). In all my time spent looking through russian optics I've never seen or heard anything about this one

Anyone have any information? Is it some nightvision device like specified in the tags?
~Marc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find! I guess this is a projector lens or come from other instrument, looks a modified Helios-40-2 look tripod mount.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is probably a Helios-40 modified for the Cyclop-1 night vision system, see Click here to see on Ebay .

Veijo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you found the answer Veijo!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also found one Cyklop 1.5/85:
http://allegro.pl/item279979656__obiektyw_cyklop_.html
Actual price is very low; 15 PLN (less than 5 €). Maybe it's worth testing Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, you have pretty good chance to get an excellent lens for low price.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, they did not pass the quality control for camera lenses. So they work on the night vision system.

Ingo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens barrel looks like made directly for this night vision system.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you think this lens will miss aperture ring & blades ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is possible.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flor27 wrote:
Don't you think this lens will miss aperture ring & blades ?

According to the flickr user, there are some with aperture rings too. I would think most of them are made without, being used wide open at night and maybe the sensitivity of the imageing system being adjusted instead of an aperture.