Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Custom made leather carrying case for 4x5" outfit
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Custom made leather carrying case for 4x5" outfit Reply with quote

I started with the usual aluminium case with foam compartments inside.
Finally decided, that this is not the way to carry this nice camera, I wanted to go.
After some searching in the net, I decided to get a custom made leather case.
After making up my mind about the dimension, I ordered one and after few weeks, it was ready and I made a wooden insert for it.
It has a section with an "elevator" for three lenses, a compartment for the cassettes, which includes an extra space for another lens, or so and a compartment for the Tachihara, wrapped in the black cloth. Underneath the camera space, there is another space for lightmeter and other things.
I'm lucky with this case and I think, it suits the classic Tachihara at it's best!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful work Exaklaus. Reminds me the old Graflex camera cases for reporters but in "all leather" version.

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful and well thought out,congratulations on getting it made,sometimes we just stop at the idea.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed, lovely craftsmanship.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. You did a great job on the wood insert. I have converted computer cases and others for camera gear but nothing as nice as yours.
Pete

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all for the nice comments.

Klaus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that is a much more elegant solution than my rather agricultural efforts with a box.
Beautiful result Klaus.
Congratulations
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, I fully agree Laughing Laughing
Anyway, the Tachihara is, maybe, easier to store.

Klaus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job, Klaus. The Tachihara deserves a decent case. I often look at cases and bags with an eye to convert them for 4x5 use, but might find myself going down the custom-made road, as all of my solutions, while workable, have various degrees of inconvenience.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered it in the wanted dimensions at www.gusti-leder.de and it was ready after around 4 weeks.
It was not cheap, but compared to some more comfortable retail camera cases, the price was very convinient for me (around 260€].
I can recommend them!

Klaus