Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

current options for orthochromatic B&W film?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject: current options for orthochromatic B&W film? Reply with quote

Since I've taken a taste of shooting my FED & Moskva's, I'm now interested to use them with orthochromatic film.

In local stores, I've found Washi with ISO 12 and 25 sensitivities, but that might be a little challenging with the equipment I have Surprised

Any other suggestions that I have missed?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only one over ISO 25 I can recall is the Agfa Cinerex 50, with the same contrasty look.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rollei Ortho 25 has been available for a while, but you're paying for what used to be a name.

If you've a taste for Former Soviet Union things, Silberra Orto 50 is new in stock in some places. There were plans for 25 and 80 as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much!

The Agfa is unfortunately only available outside of Europe, as far as I could find, which increases the chances of going through X-ray check Confused

The Silberra I will try; ISO 50 is still a bit borderline for the FED, but my Exakta is reliable at speeds below 1/100th.

For 120, I guess I'll have to try the Washi Smile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sjak wrote:
Thanks so much!

The Agfa is unfortunately only available outside of Europe, as far as I could find, which increases the chances of going through X-ray check Confused

The Silberra I will try; ISO 50 is still a bit borderline for the FED, but my Exakta is reliable at speeds below 1/100th.

For 120, I guess I'll have to try the Washi Smile

I have friends that have extensively tested the Cinerex, and they've been able to push the film up to ISO 400 with D76 developing, and it keeps the same look. I still recommend it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maco-Direct in germany has ortho-films.
Beside Ortho:
Adox(no Ortho) is now able to coat films. 120 versions coming. there are two youtube videos. first one is more clear, second one more about the challenges/business.
Lets support Adox/Fotoimpex. they saved and bought every machine they could possible use.
And:Tetenal is saved