Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Current favourite lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Current favourite lenses Reply with quote

I wish a Zenitar 16mm f2.8
Nikkor UD 20mm f3.5
Nikkor 24mm f2.8 AIS
Yashica ML 28mm f2.8
Nikkor 35mm f1.4 AIS
Olympus Macro OM 50mm f3.5
Olympus 50mm f1.8
Nikon Nikkor 50mm f1.2 AIS
Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 80mm f1.8
Nikkor 105mm f2.8 AIS
Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 180mm f2.8 zebra
Nikkor 180mm f2.8 ED
Micro Nikkor 200mm f4
Nikkor 300mm f4.5 ED

If I go to take photograph I choice from above lenses.My favourites are always changing this is current stage only.Seems clear winner now Nikkor.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No 135mm lens?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I have many of them as you know , but I am fine with 105mm and 180.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never be without a 135, it's one of my favourite focal lenghts.
Since the 135 was popular in the 70s then declined in favour of the 85mm, this probably means that I am an old-fashioned photographer Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Most of the good lens come 85mm to 135mm range. 105mm f2.5 Nikon AIS is extraordinary lot better than any 135mm lens what I have. CZJ Sonnar 180mm and 180,200mm Nikkors are also extraordinary , might be this is the reason why I not use currently any 135mm lens.I guess if I have your CZ Plannar 135mm f2 that would be change immediately Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Planar 135 is a stellar lens, but the Jupiter-37 and the CZJ Sonnar 135 are both very very good lenses. Of course they're slower but hey, look at the price difference, the Jupiter-37 costs 1/100th of the Planar!!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with you on all the Nikkors and would add

Voigtlander 90/3.5 APO
Nikkor 50/2 AI
Vivitar Ser1 90/2.5 (1:1 version).

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, absolutely right!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have missed this thread. So let's revive it. Wink

Is that about personal "dream lenses"? The ones we would like to have?

OK, here is my never-come-true-list:

Leica Elmarit-R 2.8/15
Leica Elmarit-R 2.8/19
Olympus Zuiko 3.5/21
Zeiss Distagon 2.8/21
Zeiss Distagon T* 2.8/25 ZF
Zeiss Distagon T* 2.0/28
Leica Summilux-R 1.4/35
Zeiss Tessar T* 2.8/45 MM
Zeiss Planar T* 1.4/50 ZF
Voigtländer Ultron 1.8/50 (I just love the way it looks!)
Nikkor-S.C 1.2/55 Wink
Voigtländer Color-Heliar 2.5/75 SL
Leica Summilux-R 1.4/80
Zeiss Planar T* 1.4/85 ZF
Helios-40-2 1.5/85
Leica Summicron-R 2.0/90 APO Asph.
Voigtländer APO Lanthar 3.5/90 SL
Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2.0/100 ZF
Zeiss Planar 2.0/135
Leica APO-Elmarit-R 2.8/180
Zeiss Aposonnar T* 2.0/200 MM
Zeiss Tele-Apotessar T* 2.8/300 AE

Voigtländer Ultra-Wide Heliar 5.6/12
Voigtländer Super-Wide Heliar 4.0/15
Leica Elmarit-M 2.8/21
Voigtläner Ultron 1.7/35
Leica Summilux-M 1.4/50
Voigtländer Color-Heliar 2.5/75
Leica Elmarit-M 2.8/90

Hasselblad XPan 5.6/30
Hasselblad XPan 4.0/45
Hasselblad XPan 4.0/90

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Agree with you on all the Nikkors and would add

Vivitar Ser1 90/2.5 (1:1 version).

patrickh

That Viv S-1, was made by Tokina, per Vivitar specifications. A VERY good lens.

Kiron Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Carsten
It's not about dream lenses but about current favourite lenses
I see many Leica$ in your dreams Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently have a new favourite - the Flektogon 35/2,4. Begining to love this little wonder

patrickh

PS I expect it will change again as new lenses keep seeming to roll in Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
OK, here is my never-come-true-list:...

Carsten, I'm beginning to feel the odd man out here. I'm amazed only one lens in your wishlist is M42 (Helios 40). Even though you could argue that certain lenses with other mounts are better than anything M42 has to offer, for 35mm SLRs and DSLRs I don't see any need to look beyond M42 at all (apart from a few K-mounts for the ME Super and K2).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Hi Carsten
It's not about dream lenses but about current favourite lenses
I see many Leica$ in your dreams Wink

Ah, OK. I just thought because Attila started with "I wish...". Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Carsten
I read this in another forum and think about you
Merry Christmas
JohnJ wrote:
By the way, it's cheaper in the long run to buy the "expensive" Leica thingy now than to try to avoid it year after year, hoping you've found a cheaper alternative that performs almost as well. They almost never do and cost you way more to get rid of and and then move onto the next one that's almost as good as the Leica. I did this for at least a decade, owned all kinds of Nikon, Zeiss, Canon FD and EF stuff. Yes everyone makes something 'spectacular' but Leica are a bit more consistent accross the board.

telyt wrote:
I agree with JJ. I went through the same progression and every time I tried something that was supposed to be almost as good as a Leica I learned that there's really no substitute. Several camera makers make a few lenses that are spectacular in their own way but for consistent system-wide performance nothing else makes the grade.

woodyspedden wrote:
Doug is correct with all of his comments

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:
OK, here is my never-come-true-list:...

Carsten, I'm beginning to feel the odd man out here. I'm amazed only one lens in your wishlist is M42 (Helios 40). Even though you could argue that certain lenses with other mounts are better than anything M42 has to offer, for 35mm SLRs and DSLRs I don't see any need to look beyond M42 at all (apart from a few K-mounts for the ME Super and K2).

You're right, Peter. You can really get excellent lenses just by collection M42-mount-lenses.
Still, I had some "stages". First, I concentrated on M42s, they were cheap, available and performed well. Then, I realised that I could use PK-lenses at my EOS, that was some additional fun. After that I saw that I really like the Nikkor "personality" and thus started to buy old Pre-AI Nikkors and finally I wanted to try some other path and so I adapted some Tamrons, C/Y-lenses, a Rollei and a Leica to my 350D and I saw that some of these lenses actually were great performers. Today, I would not like to be without several of my lenses and I think that sticking to M42 only, would not have been that much fun.
In the list of my personal favs, you will find several M42 (mostly Russian or German), Nikkors, PKs, Tamrons, a Yashica, a Rollei and a Leica.

To be honest, I do not want to buy another lens. No, seriously, I think I'm done!
Shocked Wow! Harsh words for your ears, right mates?
But you can see that my dream lenses, the ones that I still dream of, would cost me a fortune. That's why they always will stay where they are - in my dreams.

Honestly, there are only three lenses left in my ebay watch list and I think that any of these lenses will end up much too high for me. So it's rather some kind of "alibi" watching, in order to see how much it will cost...

I am convinced that I will not buy another lens unless it is a real bargain, something that a kid could pay with his "pocket money", you know.

Grrmmph... no more enthusiastic reports by Carsten where he is gushing about his excitement about a new, pending lens? Twisted Evil

Well, I guess not that soon again. Sad

I think I really want to concentrate on getting to know the lenses I have better and perhaps you will read one or another review of my lenses rather than a "I-am-waiting-for" message. Confused

And I hope I am right. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Current favourite lenses Reply with quote

I'm another one with a collection just starting, but a lens I'm really happy with is my Tamron 1:3.8 80-210 Tele Macro.
Love the images, and the ease of use. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Current favourite lenses Reply with quote

j.lukow wrote:
I'm another one with a collection just starting, but a lens I'm really happy with is my Tamron 1:3.8 80-210 Tele Macro.
Love the images, and the ease of use. Very Happy

j.lukow: Those Tamron lenses seem to always be so satisfactory to those who own them! Truly a fine company, that Tamron! I own a couple of zooms from them myself, and thought they are relatively recent acquisitions, the few images I've gotten have certainly been all I could ask for sharpness and "lens personality"! Cool

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the manual focus group, I'd say that my Viv S-1 28-90, is my favorite. But the Kiron 28-105 I really like too. And I love my Nikkor 105 f/2.5 (first edition) and my phenomenal Kiron 105 f/2.8 macro wonderlens. In the auto-focus group, I' couldn't do without my Nikon 28-105, Tamron SP 24-135 and Tamron SP 20-40 Very Happy

It's quite difficult to choose a favorite. I have about every Viv S-1 and Kiron ever made. Like them all. It was with these old klunkers, that I made these snaps.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38463255@N00/sets/72157594393954530/

Russ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ wrote:
...I have about every Viv S-1 and Kiron ever made.

Wow! Really?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still looking for the Kiron 24/2 - love the Kirons I have - same with Viv S1's. Also looking for that Viv S1 28-90. But right now I am playing with the Flek 35/1.4 and really enjoying it, when I get the chance to go out (weather has been horrible for days now).

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
I am still looking for the Kiron 24/2 - love the Kirons I have - same with Viv S1's. Also looking for that Viv S1 28-90. But right now I am playing with the Flek 35/1.4 and really enjoying it, when I get the chance to go out (weather has been horrible for days now).

patrickh

The Kiron 24mm f/2 is nice. And the Viv S-1 28-90, is perhaps my favorite lens.

Russ (Kiron Kid)