Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

cross fingers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: cross fingers Reply with quote

I am waiting for an airplane and playing with the iPhone. By accident I won This Click here to see on Ebay any experiences with this lens?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For this price this is a Jackpot! Congratulation! Niblue showed same excellent pictures taken with Vivitar 50 or 55mm macro lens.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it is a good one. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, I see the FR1 on your signature list now. Thats a great cam. Much nicer than the one that comes with this package.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no experience with other Yashica cam , but I like my FR1 even if I didn't shoot any single roll with that. My main problem is scanning I couldn't find right scanning solution on reasonable price here. I am planning to use film cams for wide angle photography, because I won't invest lot of money int o a full frame DSLR.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scanning is a big problem for me as well. Only recently did I get a DSLR. All of my old work is with film and mostly B+W. I tried a couple of scanners at our college photo lab locally. They seemed like good ones but, the results are not impressive at all. It may be my lack of skill. Still there must be a better way. I was scanning completed prints maybe results from negatives would be better (worse) I suppose it depends on the machine and resolution.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For quality scan need good scanner and experienced people. I don't have any so I still take photos with DSLR only I not ready to pay for crappy result.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can also be helped by good software. I would strongly recommend Vuescan - it's been around some time now. The author is constantly tweaking and I managed to get some quite satisfactory scans with an antique Canon (cheapie) scanner using it.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

with film or print ?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Film, slides and print