Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Crazy trioplan price
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Crazy trioplan price Reply with quote

An aluminium Meyer Trioplan 100/2.8 preset (15 blades) sold this week on ebay for $464. The vendor was Stil22, so it didn't have a silly starting price.

Incredibly, there were still 3 bidders active at $450.

I think mine cost about $80 three or four years back (and I thought that was being a bit silly). I suppose the message is that I should put it on e-bay while there are still two people desperate to have one.

I see "classic camera collection" has had the gall to list one at $558. At this rate, I'll be able to swop mine for a complete Hasselblad outfit in a year or two Wink

Ah ... yes... here's a complete 'blad with Zeiss Planar and a BIN of less than two Trioplans! Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was £37.00 Shocked Laughing Laughing

Prices are out of control! To be fair though, buyers will always pay more to buy a lens from a reputable dealer.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought mine a few weeks ago from Ebay for ca 80 Euro, including the leather case. In Exakta mount (alu body) and in excellent shape.

Maybe the "bokeh" thread at getDPI, where ample evidence of this lens bokeh has been given recently, is making photographers own this one, and upping the prices ???

C U
Rafael

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love to sell these lenses in this days Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Even without reaching this magic 450 mark

Klaus

Last edited by exaklaus on Tue May 17, 2011 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Trioplan is one of my favourites, but that is a silly price.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My alu Trioplan cost US$27 shipped two years ago. And it's now worth 17x that? Hmmm, is this a new way to launder illegal money?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RioRico wrote:
My alu Trioplan cost US$27 shipped two years ago. And it's now worth 17x that? Hmmm, is this a new way to launder illegal money?

Trioplan seems to be very sought after right now, they all attract a lot of bids. Other Meyer lenses aren't however so are still reasonable prices...

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many forums - especially those targeting the Far Eastern audience, do have a lot of influence on lens prices.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Meyer Trioplan 100/2.8 is a very interesting lens for photographers - its more or less unique bokeh wideopen attracts even normal AF photographers.
I have seen some comments on my Trioplan photos, that seems that the people are now searching for a copy of the Trioplan.

And normal photographers are much many people - more than the small number of East Germany lens collectors.
But I suppose that most are not willing to pay such prices, but probabyl up to 150-200 USD.

Better have bought a second copy of that lens, just in case a photographer see my Trioplan and steals it from my camera..

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I told many times I don't believe these unusual high bids , with self bidding it's prepare to sell next ones on higher prices. 200 USD is maximum what I can imagine as maximum bid for this lens.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prices are well in control, I never bid more than I am willing to pay for a lens Laughing Laughing Laughing

Someone really must love the Trioplan bokeh to bid that much money on it... I 'm guessing someone who wants to create their own DSLR video version of Apple's Arabesque screensaver Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
The Trioplan is one of my favourites, but that is a silly price.

+1 Shocked

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens has been on my wish list for a while, but I'm not willing to pay the "street price" we see now... Confused

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I collect Meyer/Pentacon lenses and I wouldn't pay the current prices for the Trioplan, I'll wait till I find one cheap.

So far I paid these prices:

Meyer Primagon 4.5/35 - 39ukp
Meyer Domiplan 2.8/50 M42 - 5ukp
Meyer Oreston 1.8/50 M42 - 13ukp
Meyer Primotar 3.5/135 Exakta - 11ukp
Pentacon Electric 1.8/50 PB - 4ukp
Pentacon Electric 2.8/28 PB - 6ukp
Pentacon 4/200 M42 - 22ukp

I can wait on the Trioplan, I still need to collect the Orestegor, Telefogar, Primoplan, pancake 2.4/50 etc etc etc...

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian, you over paid for the Domiplan Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:

+1

lol

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:

+1

lol

Laughing

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking on ebay atm, I could BIN a Trioplan from S Korea for about 300 euros or from Germany for about 370....

Just crazy....

Meantine, I could BIN a Telefogar 3.5/60 for less than 60 euros...

Is the Trioplan al that good? Surely the Telefogar is similar?

What is the 2.9/50 Trioplan like? Similar to the longer Trioplan?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Trioplan is $200, I bought it few months ago. So, its too expensive then Sad

I got the Trioplan mainly for its bokeh circle ring .... so I called it "the lord of the bokeh ring" lens Smile

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Is the Trioplan al that good?

Depends on how you define "good". It's certainly rare, and renders in a very unique way. Whether you like the way it draws or not is a matter of taste (not my cup of tea by the way), but one thing is for sure: it has lots of character.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixland wrote:
My Trioplan is $200, I bought it few months ago. So, its too expensive then Sad

I got the Trioplan mainly for its bokeh circle ring .... so I called it "the lord of the bokeh ring" lens Smile

Your shot is beautiful and makes perfect use of the bokeh characteristic, well done!

Is that circular bokeh because it has 15 blades?

My 11 quid Primotar has 15 blades and also has circular bokeh:

The Primotar also has a glow on highlights and is quite soft, even stopped down it doesn't get that sharp. Is the Trioplan sharper?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ian.

I have the same question, what other lens which have the same characteristic as this Trioplan?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way last month I found black Trioplan N 100/2.8 on eBay (eBay item #120701686063). What is the difference with the silver one?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixland wrote:
By the way last month I found black Trioplan N 100/2.8 on eBay (eBay item #120701686063). What is the difference with the silver one?

Colour I think.

I have seen silver versions of my Primotar that were identical apart from the colour of the finish.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a black N, and it has only 6 straight aperture blades instead of the 15. But this is not a problem if you intend to use it only at f/2.8.