Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cosina Voigtlander NOKTON 35mm F1.2 Aspherical
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Cosina Voigtlander NOKTON 35mm F1.2 Aspherical Reply with quote

This lens was introduced a shot while ago, still under production. Yes, it is the world fasted 35mm lens Mr. K is proud of.
It is indeed a nice lens, sharper than my copy of Leica summicron 35mm ASPH at any aperture! Its nicety is coming not
from sharpness but from its unique rendering and smooth bokeh, very rare among japanese lenses I know of. But it is
large and heavy and pricy too, so you do not wish to travel around with this lens. Though some did. http://ejanjan.exblog.jp/tags/砂漠/
Its minimum focusing distance is 0.7m, which is good, but it hide a quite bit of 35mm frame in the finder.

And as usual, my hp page for this lens is > http://www.pbase.com/kkawakami/voigtlander_nokton_35mm_f12

The lens looks like this, this vented hood is an extra, but the lens comes with an another short hood. The both are made of metal.

2) at Bookstore in dusk (I really like shooting in dusk, personal thing) Fuji RDP III

3) at Bookstore in dusk M8 f1.2 (I shoot mostly f1.2) for comparison

4) Probably at f5.6 or 8 RVP100

5) @f5.6 or 4 Movie shooting (Toronto is sometime called "Hollywood North"), so FoV is real 35mm.

6) Antique shop @f1.2 Fuji Reala

7) Side walk @f1.2 Fuji Reala

Cool Iris @f1.2 almost night Fuji Reala

9) Quilting (my wife's hobby) @f5.6 M8

10) Condo garden @f1.2 M8

11) Ditto, but focused different point to show bokeh front and afar M8

12) A black shoe @f1.2 M8

13) Sidewalk at dusk @f1.2 M8

14) Ditto M8

15) Ice cream shop at dusk @f1.2 M8

16) Hotdog stand @f4 (bottom is cropped) M8

17) Avenue street @f1.2 M8 (Yes @f1.2)

1Cool Craft shop window @f1.2 M8

19) Flower (I do not know its name, a wild native plant in Ontario) @f2.8 M8

20) Achinacea(sp?) @f4 M8

This thread is likely my last post in "ranggefinder", since we are going to Japan soon
and start studying spanish (we want to go Mexico, South America, and Spain and
Portugal again) but I do not have any talent for foreign language! Embarassed Very Happy

Adios

Last edited by koji on Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find some guy here who can teach you Amigo Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive
Mr. K has done it again with this one. Wow it is a really large lens. It looks as big as the M Cool .

I think that the last one is in the series is the nicest flower group portrait I have seen for some time. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mucho Gracias Andy. Very Happy

Actually I like to shoot bunch of flowers really.

This one for Michelle. Very Happy Very Happy

(This one was shot by Nikkor AF macro 60/2.8D, should have used deeper DoF.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes another fantastic series, and agree with Andy about the one flower group shot. I try to enjoy seeing these then an unwanted and acute attack of envy/jealousy gets in the way...I'm kidding, well, maybe by half. Wink Laughing

Beautful work, Koji!

Bill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

¡Su Koji bienvenido Sin su habilidad nosotros no podríamos disfrutar de ellos! Very Happy

No need to Flatter Michelle
I think she alreay has a crush on you Embarassed

Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! what a lens!
my favorites #2#3#9 and #6#12

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill-san, thank you.

Andy-san, my spanish is still infantile. I will go out to buy a dictionary. Wink

And thank you Poilu.