Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cosina Voigtländer Ultron 40/2 corner and centre sharpness
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Cosina Voigtländer Ultron 40/2 corner and centre sharpness Reply with quote

I use the Cosina Voigtländer Ultron 40/2 on my Nikon D40; I like it a lot.

I was taking some sunset shots and took one which had an aerial in the middle; I then decided to use that to test edge sharpness. Here is the first shot, taken at f/8, 1/1000 sec, ISO 200, tripod, remote shutter release (links to a larger one):

100% crop (PNG format so no jpeg compression artefacts)

I then took four more shots, also on manual, same settings, same focus, but moving the camera so the aerial fell into a corner of the frame. Here are the 100% crops - top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right.

Lastly here is the same aerial (but taken today, not yesterday like the other shots) with a Nikkor 80-200mm f/4.5 AiS @ f/16, 1/400s, ISO 200. You can see the test target clearly. The picture links to a larger one on flickr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good edge performance for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That whole Voigtlander (Cosina) run was excellent. 10% off the Zeiss quality and 50% off the price.

patrickh