Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cosina Voigtländer Ultron 2.0/40 and Close-up lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Cosina Voigtländer Ultron 2.0/40 and Close-up lens Reply with quote

The Cosina Voigtländer Ultron 40mm f/2 SL II (a Nikon-fit, CPU-enabled manual focus prime) comes with a screw-in close focus lens - it has 39mm diameter and attaches to the hole in the dome hood. There is no indication of the diopter, but it alters the closest focus distance from 0.49m to 0.25m.

Here is a shot using this lens plus the close-up lens.

Nikon D40, CV40@ f/8, 1/60sec, ISO 200, handheld, close-up lens.

I notice now that focus is a little too far away, so some depth of field has been lost. A tripod would have been better, too (but more disruptive to the chef).

I have uploaded the full resolution image (so you can pixel peep)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22232148@N07/2159030614/

Note: I disabled sharpening in camera and applied no sharpening when converting the NEF to JPEG. The image has been converted from Adobe RGB to sRGB (to make the JPEG, which uses the 'maximum quality' setting in Nikon Capture 1.3).