Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cosina CCTV lens brochure (diagrams! 80s?)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:14 pm    Post subject: Cosina CCTV lens brochure (diagrams! 80s?) Reply with quote

FULL ALBUM https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzCXTb

Notes on process

See Flickr album description, but- done on flatbed scanner (just about acceptable quality for the diagrams)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commentary

Whilst dimensions of (more popular or modern) C-Mount lenses are somewhat available, optical diagrams are not in my (limited) experience. Happy to correct the record here.

We get a nice look at a 25mm f0.95 for a 1" inch sensor and how an ultra-wide C-Mount lens actually looks. I always wonder how large these lenses would be if scaled up to cover full frame, as small sensor glass tends to be small regardless of the optical design..

This is just a drop in the ocean of all the C-Mount stuff out there, not representative of everything. Searching for the lens codes on auction sites turns up nothing.
I wonder if these were ever rebadged, but the depth of field markings are quite distinct and I haven't seen them before.

I pulled the compression right down on the first page and it was still 30mb~, which is one of the reasons I haven't linked it directly here. I know you could go down further but oh well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

Good information. I knew nothing about these lenses before I saw the scans.