Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Corfield help please!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Corfield help please! Reply with quote

Hi guys, I picked up a battered Cornfield 66 this morning for less than a tenner, the body has seen better days but is fully working however the WLF is missing and I think it may be a bit hard to find one.

The lens however is clean, but there's very little info online, I do know they only made the 95mm f3.5 and apparently quite good.

The question is, how difficult would it be to adapt to digital?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its missing the groundglass you may be able to retrofit a complete WLF from a cheap TLR, such as a beater Graflex/Ciro. The WLF is quite easy to remove from these as a unit. There are lots of other possible donors. The difficult bit, probably, will be to test focus and shim it in correctly to match the focal plane of the film magazine. I have some tricks in that department.

Is the groundglass still there? If so you have 90% of your problem pre-solved, just need a hood. Waist-level hoods from RB67's and the like are common. Just a bit of McGuyvering needed.

As for mounting the lens for digital - thats always a unique problem in every case. Remove the lens and post pictures of the mount.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look

http://cjs-classic-cameras.co.uk/other/corfield66_mount.jpg

"To finish, a detail of the Corfield 66 lens mount, which was essentially a breech lock mount, the lens being secured to the camera body by a rotating ring. Like most of Corfield's lenses, the Lumax was made by Enna Werk in Germany. Even though the lens was interchangeable, no other lenses were made for this mount, which is unfortunate, the wide 57mm throat would have been ideal for e.g., a fast portrait lens."

(c)

http://cjs-classic-cameras.co.uk/other/periflex.html

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies guys, will post pics of lens tomorrow, and the ground glass is still there along with the darkslide.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics as promised of the lens, as for the 66 body on closer Inspection it's not as bad as I thought, 1 tiny screw missing and needs recovering.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, managed to find a bit more info online which may be of interest to you regarding the 66. Only about 300 of these camera's were ever produced, I think in Wolverhampton and only one lens was ever made the 90mm f3.5 by Enna in Germany, although there were plans to produce adapters for Hasselblad lenses and others but I don't think this ever happened although there were extension tubes available. It was slightly more expensive at the time than a Rollercord, and it was designed to take finders from other manufacturers. When I get home I will check the body serial number to see where this one falls, the lens serial number is earlyish. I may have to dedicate myself to a restoration project on this quite rare bit of British camera history.