Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cooke Kinic 1 inch F/1.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Nordentro's picture!!!! Reply with quote

pat donnelly wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Wink

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome display and a perfect ending

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there,
are there any pictures of this lens with a sony nex? is this lens a reasonable option for an APS-C sensor or is the vignetting just too heavy? i really like this swirly bokeh... Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lensy wrote:
hi there,
are there any pictures of this lens with a sony nex? is this lens a reasonable option for an APS-C sensor or is the vignetting just too heavy? i really like this swirly bokeh... Smile

This is a Swirly bokeh lens king for sure Wink

I would think this lens vignettes pretty much on the nex. 25mm is the tipping point of vignetting on m43...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: older version (black) Reply with quote

fantastic swirls!
would the earlier uncoated version of this lens have the same characteristic swirls?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes if course, as coating has nothing to do with swirling.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for ur reply. what i meant was that the glass formula and lens elements arrangement (if there is a difference btwn the old and new versions) would affect the swirling character i assume? i am interested in getting this lens and just wonder which version should i get.

kds315* wrote:
Yes if course, as coating has nothing to do with swirling.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is the same Petzval formula ( 4 lens elements), then it will have the same swirls, BUT the faster a lens is, the more prominent the swirls usually are. The modern is f1.5, the older f3.5 if I remember correctly.

Petzval Lens: http://www.sinopt.com/software1/usrguide54/examples/petzval.htm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks. i looked at the older version and it shows f1.5, so i suppose they both swirl the same Smile

kds315* wrote:
If it is the same Petzval formula ( 4 lens elements), then it will have the same swirls, BUT the faster a lens is, the more prominent the swirls usually are. The modern is f1.5, the older f3.5 if I remember correctly.

Petzval Lens: http://www.sinopt.com/software1/usrguide54/examples/petzval.htm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess you're lucky then Wink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: Cooke Kinic 1 inch F/1.5 Reply with quote

My copy is not giving me swirls. Very disappointed. I am using it on my Pen 5 so the 2x crop factor is not helping, but still... Any advice on what I may be doing wrong? Thanks~!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the same lens?